1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Last of Us

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by jayhad90, Aug 11, 2013.

1. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

Just finished last of us, i looked a few pages back to see if it already had a post and didnt see one. So who has played this game? For me it was one the best games ive ever played. And who was your favorite character? My favorite would have to be joel. Whats your favorite part in the game? SPOILER ALERT the scene where ellie has bills magazine is hilarious and i really liked when you got to be ellie and be joels protector. Just wanted to see what people thought of this game. Hope you guys liked it as much as i did.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Played it, freaking loved it to bits. I was certainly put off by the linearity of it, because it's hard to have such a deliberately paced game with collecting items/crafting and weapon degradation if you can't go back to previous areas. I'll give them a pass because the story was supposed to be that they shouldn't stay in one place, but I would warmly welcome a more open-world style survival action RPG such as this.

With that said though, it was polished/cinematic as f***. These people are real in a real world, and I've got no reason to believe the contrary. I feel what they feel, and they're feeling a whole host of emotions through their deeply flawed personalities, and it's a raw experience.

Exempting the fact that it was made by Naughty Dog, who still don't fully understand guns :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:, I've got nothing bad to say about TLoU. Indisputable masterpiece.

3. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

I agree, I thought the only thing it was lacking was truly being able to explore the post apocalyptic world like you do in the Fallout series. I think the closest game to bring a story and open world together was the mass effect series though it was not as open as e.s. or the fallout series. thanks for commenting

4. I enjoyed The Last of Us. It really gave you that feeling of hopelessness, anxiety, remorse, and fear for survival. The two types of enemy AI gave the game a variety without it being tok repetitive. SPOILERS I was put off by the ending, but I think it was a different way to end the game because it shows that Joel wasn't a hero and it was satisfying to think of it that way because there is honestly no hope for humanity in this game. Everything has changed and it's just a part of that cycle of life.
    I really like it because it was different.

5. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

I liked how real it seemed, you could feel the desperation. It is like when Joel said it was either him or me and they really play to that ideal. It showed humanity, not a hero but people who are far from perfect and morally good but you cant help but root for them.

6. justjade

I was put off by the ending, too. I mean, it was good. It just seemed kind of anti-climactic. However, I do think it was the best way to end the game. Anything else might have seemed drawn out, I suppose. But it's a great game. The enemy AI did get kind of annoying because it just seemed like the bad guys were too fucking smart, but it made the game very realistic IMO.

7. jayhad90

jayhad90 Guest

I felt like the end set it up for a series, but i definitely was not expecting it i wanted to keep going. lol

8. Stripe101

I'm waiting for a Game Of The Year edition.

9. Wells

Wells Guest

Lol I had to look away when I saw spoiler alert. I want it sooo bad. Not bad enough to spend my own money on though. That's why it's on my birthday and christmas list.
    I heard its about a zombie outbreak, thats the big idea. And there is actually a virus that takes control of an antd body if it gets to it by reaching its brain. I think its based on that virus...

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not a virus, but a parasitic fungus called cordyceps that they actually talk about by name in the game. And aside from the super-size scaling in the game, it actually is red, spiky, and terrifying.

[​IMG]

As for TLoU 2, here's all I've got: 'The Last of Us 2' confirmed, details of 'The Last of Us' ending

11. Wells

Wells Guest

Yeah I read it a while back I coukdn't remember exactly. Looks kinda freaky though...:eek:

12. Kor

Kor

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Agh, I need a PS3 so I can play these amazing games.