1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a New Strategy Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Cassindra Starlight, Aug 19, 2013.

1. I'm seeking something combat focused, not a civ building game, and the most important things are air and naval combat. I'm looking to command fleets of warships and wings of bomber aircraft. I already have Rise of Nations and every Command and Conquer game ever made.

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well it's not really oceanic fleets, but Sins of a Solar Empire is fairly combat-focused. All the infrastructure building is pretty much behind the scenes, and the player is mostly in control of warships. If you like space combat, it is pretty awesome and can be insanely large-scale.

Other than that, have you tried the Total War series? The civic improvement facets are more pronounced, but apparently Shogun 2 has naval battles and very involved ground forces combat.

I know you said you had all CnC games, but play more Yuri's Revenge. That game is freaking sick. :grin:

3. Klepor

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Get company of heroes 2. Not much of naval but still awesome.

4. Can I build and command B17 squadrons in Company of Heroes 2? I'm interested in commanding WW1 to near future naval and air force units.

5. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    CoH (1 or 2) sounds like your best bet for your time frame, but omg. Done well, a WWI game similar to Heroes would be sexy. As long as they kept the trench stalemate to a minimum. *shudders*

6. SpitfireXSoarin

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Was going to say C&C. Ive bought the first decade disk three times and I kick butt at generals. Renegade still baffles me, I mean really WTF?