1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My computer died for a day :c

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ScatteredEarth, Aug 26, 2013.

1. ScatteredEarth

Yesterday, my computer decided that seeing as it was my first day off, it wanted to make it a living hell... So my Hard Disk Drive (HDD) corrupted and refused to let me boot up my PC..

After about 2-3 hours gutting 2 different PCs trying to find the right combination of HDDs to insert and make my computer work again, I finally ended up having to give up.. I went to my friend's house and brought both of my HDDs and my computer, my friend told me that my 500GB HDD was corrupted and that I would have to make do with my 120GB HDD.. So he gave me his spare 320GB HDD so my computer wouldn't feel so cramped, we had to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 8 (Not fun :frowning2:) and we spent the majority of the day re-installing drivers..

The worst part of it all.. I LOST ALL MY STUFF :c!!!! I'm gonna spend the next 2 weeks randomly remembering things that I had and no longer have and it's gonna kill me -.-

This is why I hate upgrading/re-installing windows and switching PCs (Maybe not the latter because I can transfer files if my HDD WASN'T CORRUPT D:slight_smile:

Anyone ever had anything similar happen to them?

2. Wells

Wells Guest

Nope. But I dont want to experience it too soon either. Especially as I have no mechanical umderstanding. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Stripe101

Before you started all that, why didn't you make a copy of you're stuff on an external hard drive?