1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook - knowing who looked

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Tightrope, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm no Facebook expert by any stretch of the imagination, but the site says there is NO feature available to determine who has looked at your page.

Scenario: assume there's a person you know who has not looked at your page, but you have looked at theirs several times. I grew up with this person, did not like him then, and don't like the adult version. Also, he was nothing remarkable then, not popular, kind of ornery, and is even less likable now from what I could see. This person is now a religious fanatic as well.

Question: I looked at a common friend's FB page, and there's a comment like "Ew, guess who's looking at my Facebook?" Real nice religious person, eh? I was wondering if, while he probably did not look at mine, if his typing in the beginning of my name would pull up my page, indicating I've looked?

Sidebar: I probably looked at the FB pages of people from a certain era quickly once every 3 months or so, and when I went to take another look months later, I was outright blocked by him. That was a new one. Seriously, dude - have you taken a candid assessment of yourself?

The only other person who blocked me was someone who was fairly unpleasant when we were teens. She came on in a rather presumptuous tone as if we were long lost friends in a message, and I didn't spare what I thought, telling her that, after our early dynamics, she had no business contacting me. She blocked me and had her husband block me, in a matter of minutes, after I sent that message.

So, then, can someone answer the question under "Question:"?

2. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is no current application to see who views your Facebook. There have been posts where people say there is which often has a link that's like "See who viewed your Facebook!" These are viruses and spam bots. So all I can say is don't worry about it cause sounds like these people are morons lol.

3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ^

Thanks. I guess the software "auto completes" names I've looked up before and are thus cookies.

4. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You can see a selection of friends which may be selected in a random order, or may in fact be the order for which those friends have infact viewed your profile. But it is long and complicated, and you have to scroll through facebook coding, and I am not even sure if it works

5. SilverGirl

haha i remember when orkut had this, so much jealously and fighting lol