1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Final Fantasy: A Realm Reborn Online

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by KingdomKeyDK, Aug 27, 2013.

1. KingdomKeyDK

Who else is going ABSOLUTELY INSANE about this game? I am totally going to fanboy this later, so just wanted to know. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2. Kyllani

I really like it so far. TBH, I never played any of the other Final Fantasy games. :eusa_doh: (Please don't take away my gamer card!)

I have a low level conjurer which I plan on turning into a White Mage. (!) I only got to play for a little while Sunday night and then again for about an hour and a half last night. Since today is launch day, I expect the servers to be overloaded again. Here's to hoping we all get to play!

3. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just reminding everybody who has or will post in this thread not to post their usernames. :slight_smile:

That said, I wish I could play but I have neither the time nor the money for a subscription MMO currently. :frowning2:

4. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would love to play it, but ew subscription fees.

5. Tim

Tim

I would play it, but my computer can't run it. xD Was the same issue with the original FF14. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Played FF11 for 6-7 years, so I was looking forward to it, then boom, sorry, can't run. Lol.

6. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

Never played any of the MMO Final Fantasy's, too costly and I heard they were terrible. Gimme my FF4 and 6 and 7 pl0x. Never liked MMO's anyway

7. Wells

Wells Guest

I dunno much about it but it looks great. I will have to try it sometime... Or do I have to pay online?

8. Hrantou

Its subscription, so sadly I can't play it :frowning2: But it looks like a lot of fun.

9. KingdomKeyDK

I will make my parents pay for it. I will not lose another FF game.

10. vyvance

Playing it with my old Free Company/Linkshell from 1.0. Nice getting the old group back together.

11. remainnameless

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yessss my older brother got an email inviting him to join the beta so he plays it free. I went to his house a couple weeks ago and played it nonstop. I love it's pretty fun. I think I had a thaumaturgist, one of the little midget people (can't remember what their called!)

12. Epiphany101

Australia, perhaps I'll reveal more....Later. ;)
    I've been loving it! XD
    I wish the technical problem would be cleared up so I could get back into it.
    Currently have a lvl 34 Lancer/Dragoon.

13. Kyllani

Agreed. They started the process of expanding server capacity on the 25th, so really it should be at least somewhat better by now. They must be working on a skeleton crew or something, because it really shouldn't take this long.

Other than that...I'm loving this game. I just got my White Mage soul yesterday; I think I'm level 31 or 32 at this point. Super sad to be going back to school today because that means I get to play less!

14. Epiphany101

Australia, perhaps I'll reveal more....Later. ;)
    My technical problem is more the fact that when I registered my game, it created a separate account. So my game time and CE goodies are on a different account to my characters. Apparently it may take time to fix up and merge the accounts. :dry:

15. justjade

My husband is going crazy over this game, but it's mainly because he can never get on since the server he plays on is always full.

16. Tim

Tim

Square Enix is used to ~500,000 active players, which is where FFXI was at steadily for like 9 years, (though it peaked at around 2,000,000 for a year, and there were many server issues during this time), now it's much lower, which led to server deletions a few years ago, merging those into other servers.

FF14:ARR has had a massive influx of players, as news of it being amazing compared to Final Fantasy 14 has spread. As such, they just aren't prepared for such a massive amount of players.

I remember reading an employment thing a couple weeks ago from Square Enix.

They're working on it, and that's all they can do. If there's still a decent playerbase when I have a job and a better computer, I'll probably try it, even though it will be a long time from now. But as 10 years later, FFXI is still running pretty strong (mostly due to the overhaul like 4 years ago to make it more new player friendly/less party orientated, which chased away the vast majority of their players, but attracted an even larger playerbase), it probably will be.