1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rift

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dodonnas, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Anyone around here play RIFT?

I pre-purchased the game back when it first came out March 2011, and played it for a bit and loved it!

The only reason I quit to be honest was my friends not wanting to pay for the game and going back to WoW (eh...), so I quit too and followed suit. But now that the game is F2P, I've been back into it pretty hard!

RIFT has an awesome mechanic where "rift" events take place in a zone, summoning non native mobs and assaulting friendly NPC areas in an attempt to take over the zone. I know of some other MMO's with this mechanic (or similar) but RIFT is my first and I just love it, it's a great way to gain EXP and loot (indirectly through the planarite redemption), but you can be completing quests and feel compelled to save the zone from an invasion of the forces of Death into the land!

Anyone else around here play and if so what do you love about it?

Me? I play a Chloromancer, and love it! The healing through DPS just means I feel like I play two classes at once and I have yet to encounter many situations I haven't been able to solo if I want too. Level 40 3 man elite quests?! Ha, solo!

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I actually got to beta test this before it came out. I thought it was pretty awesome. :grin:

My character was a Blade Dancer, basically a badass swordsman who sacrifices protection for speed and dps. I only got to play for a few days (wasn't about to pay the subscription), but I loved the concept.

3. Hrantou

I played it when it first came out, and it was alright. I took a break then I recently came back into it because it free to play and its actually pretty good. I love the player housing and the class system is great. I just haven't found a good guild yet. If I find a good one, I'll probably play it for a long time.

4. Svea Rike

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I play Rift, on the Faeblight Shard. :slight_smile:

5. Kyllani

I can't speak of Rift the way it is today, because I haven't played in over a year.

I played it during beta and right after release. When I played it, I loved it...until I hit 50.

The level 50 PVP was horrendous. Unless you had a full set of upper tier gear, your only choice was to run into battle and get wtfpwned over and over again until you had finally done it enough to get a decent set of gear.

The other thing that bothered me about level 50...I was full Warden spec, with a little Sentinel on the side. It wasn't a viable end game PVE spec, so I spent many a dungeon listening to other people complain about my choices.

I've thought about going back to it now that it's F2P, but...meh. Someone would have to convince me that it's really changed.

6. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

I'm not sure I am the one to convince you it has changed since I never hit 50 pre or post F2P (though I am close!). All I know is, it's a decent time sink for a F2P game. Of course, I have a number of benefits for having paid for the game before and paying for the collectors edition. All them bag slots....!