1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying an Xbox 360. Advice on console and games please! xxxx

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Robert, Sep 4, 2013.

?

Which type of game do you like best?

1. Single Player

41.7%
  2. Co-op Offline

16.7%
  3. Co-op Online

25.0%
  4. Multiplayer Offline

8.3%
  5. Multiplayer Online

8.3%
  1. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am looking mainly for Xbox 360 exclusives as I already own a PS3.
    What games would you recommend? What is your favourite single player game and what is your favourite co-op or multiplayer game?
    I'm particularly interested in games to play with my boyfriend (whom I live with).

I was thinking definitely Left 4 Dead. Good idea?

ALSO, which type of Xbox would you recommend getting? I want to try and get the cheapest possible but I dont want to get one that will break down as soon as I buy it.
    I was looking between these two so far:
    Xbox 360 4GB Console: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-X...=UTF8&qid=1378281436&sr=8-2&keywords=xbox+360

Thank you!!!

#1 Robert, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Halo 4. Never ceases to amuse me. You can have casual game play with big team infinity slayer, flood, griffball etc, or you can go hardcore mode and get harder games like team sniper, 2v2s etc

I've heard Terraria is on Xbox 360 now too. I personally cant imagine playing it on Xbox due to the amount of keys involved on the computer, but I can see it being manageable.

Conker's Bad Fur Day was always one of my favourite offline games. The xbox 360 version does have an online game however, not the storyline just an arena type game. You should look into Conker's Bad Fur Day though it's so good, such a long and interesting storyline, from whacking cheese with a frying pan, to running away from raptors, to killing zombies in a vampire's mansion, to pissing on people in a club, to the ending from the film "alien" where you have to chuck a xenomorph out of the airlock (yes all those things are actually in the game).

Oh my god saying that now makes me want to start the game over again :grin:

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didnt even know there was a Halo 4! lol.

I like Halo 3 though. I think I will definitely be getting at least one of the Halo games. Do you think Halo 4 is by far the best out of the series? What makes it the best?

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I loved Halo 3 too. I will say I do miss that massive big sand map with those vehicles carrying the flags (forgot it's name, been years since I played it), but I think I prefer Halo 4, there are some game modes missing like territory and king of the hill, but a lot of new additions are being made. Like in flood they recently added "hivemind" which is where all flood move slower, have no power abilities but can lunge from a huge range, and marines shields take ages to recharge, they die in 2 hits and certain weapons are scattered around the map.

They seem to be making these changes with every game, like they added a "griffball pro" where rounds reset after 1 score and you can pass the ball with a long range. I'd like to see a team snipers pro :grin:

King of the hill and assault are in one of the downloadable contents, so I imagine they'll add it to the actual game soon, I hope so anyway, I always loved assault (the bomb objective map).

They do have one of my all time favourite maps from... Uhh I think it was originally designed in Halo 2, but the map ragnarok, the massive outdoors map with 2 bases at the far ends. However in halo 4 they've added water and generally touched it up to look better :lol:

Look up the halo 4 map "shutout" it's a newly added map that I love too, it's great for team snipers (my favourite game on halo).

6. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Was it called Sandtrap?
    That was my favourite multiplayer map on Halo 3. I loved playing deathmatch with friends on it :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Best map ever. :grin:

7. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Ahh yes that was it, Sandtrap. That was definitely my favourite map on Halo 3. I always rushed for the spartan laser to take out the other guy with one then their guy with a sniper :grin: they really need to bring that to Halo 4, I'd so pay for a DLC to play Sandtrap again.

Look up the map "vortex" on halo 4 too, that map is very good, one of my favourites I think. I'm not quite sure it's as good as Sandtrap, but it is really good.

I used to love throwing sticky grenades at the boosters on Sandtrap just before someone would go up them (since you could see someone enter) then watch the grenade float there and 100% stick to anyone who came up XD such easy kills it was hilarious!

8. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really do love big maps and lots of veichles so I guess thats why i like sandtrap the most :slight_smile:

Have you played Gears of War before? Would you reccommend it? I played Gears of War 1 before around a friends house and enjoyed it.

9. June Cleaver

MINECRAFT! That is my favorite single player game on 360. My partner does not play, but his teenage son has a 360 and a Play Station too. I have "June's World" on Minecraft and at this point I am ready to fight the Inderdragon. I have to be careful not to play too much and not get my housework done. June

10. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would wait for Xbox One though it will not compatible with Xbox 360 games.

#10 Cap’nSerious, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  11. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didnt know you could get Minecraft on Xbox. Cool! I might buy it and try it out :slight_smile:
    Would you recommend any other games?

The reason I'm buying an Xbox 360 instead of a PS4 or Xbox One is because I cant afford a PS4 or Xbox One.

I'm actually going to wait until midway through next year until I buy the Xbox 360 because its price will probably be around £100 by then.

12. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Some games I've enjoyed on the 360 are Borderlands 2, Street Fighter x Tekken and a couple of games I got off of the online store (Sonic Adventure 2, The Cave, etc). For sure I recommend getting Borderlands 2, it's a great FPS adventure game.

13. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Left4Dead 2and Gear of War 3(my favorite one) are must owns.

14. Jessica79

Gears of war 3 <3 I love that game so much.

15. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Yeah I've played all the Gears of War, I enjoyed it quite a lot, but I think the thing about that is that after you've done it, it's the sort of game (in my opinion) that you can only play like maybe 1 or 2 times more before you're bored of it. So I'm not too sure it's worth the cash, but it is definitely fun the first time. I think my favourite parts of Gears of War has always been areas involving Kryll xD I don't know why I just loved that I hated them so much. Nothing makes you roll like fuck as soon as you hear them screech and come down to get you.

By the way, about Minecraft - it doesn't have all the features that the computer version has, simply because xbox cant dedicate that much RAM to it, because it doesn't have that much RAM. I think it'd be much better to just buy it for comp, because there you get everything, you can add mods to it (I use like 50+ mods on my Minecraft, lol) and I've heard that xbox Minecraft tends to crash quite a bit because of lack of RAM.

16. MsH

MsH

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Left for dead is excellent. Then I would defo recommend Halo 4. All the Gears of War are good, even though the campaign can get slightly boring. Gears of War 3 does have the beast mode now which is interesting (it's where you attack the gears while being different beast species.) Then there's always COD. And Tom Clancy games are good FPS games with good co-op missions that you can choose. Of course if you want a MMORPG there's always skyrim. Everyone has to play skyrim at least once.
    :goodluck: