1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i think that gay marriage should be in video games like mmorpgs i haven't found any

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Macabremelody, Sep 5, 2013.

?

would you like gay marriage in mmorpgs and video games

1. OMG THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!!

23 vote(s)
    65.7%
  2. wow i think that's cool but it may cause issues

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  3. No i don't like it people would start PKing us in-game more

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Oh i don't think its a good or bad idea

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  1. Macabremelody

i think it would be the best if same sex couples could get married in games that way everyone would be happy well as long as they are not haters and i also think actions should be allowed so same sex couples can interact with each other and an adoption system would be nice :slight_smile:

2. Tim

Tim

Re: i think that gay marriage should be in video games like mmorpgs i haven't found a

On the marriage front, the only one I know of is the Sims and Fable, which both allow same-sex marriages. Not many games have a marriage system.

In Luminous Arc the main character, a guy, always has multiple endings by being friendly with specific characters, ending with them getting together. In Luminous Arc 3, which was never translated to English, the main character had the choice to end up with one of the male party members, rather than being restricted to a couple of the female members like before.

Like with the female characters, they even have a special picture that appears at the end if that's who you end up with. Here's their pic, along with one of the girls the main character can end up with, for comparison.

[​IMG]

It ends in more of a "best friends til the end of time" way, but the way it's phrased is very romantic, so most people assume that is how it was meant. (especially with that picture. xD)

Borderlands 2 has a few gay/lesbian characters. There's multiple bisexual ones too.

But in general, there just aren't a lot of games that use marriage. The only one that comes to mind that same-sex isn't already allowed is Harvest Moon/Rune Factory.

Though, in Japan, there was a Harvest Moon feature in one of the games that allowed you to become "Best Friends" with a same-sex person, and move in together, adopt, etc. But it was removed from the English translation.

#2 Tim, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  3. Macabremelody

Re: i think that gay marriage should be in video games like mmorpgs i haven't found a

awe lol i know you can get married in the sims they don't really have a single orientation :slight_smile: they will be with anyone :slight_smile: i have the sims 3 now i want to play it damn it >.< i was talking about mmorpgs lol

4. Tim

Tim

MMORPGs don't typically have marriage systems, and when they do, they don't have children. xD

Though, I do agree the MMOs that do have marriage systems need to implement a same-sex couple scenario.

I remember Final Fantasy 11 saying no same-sex couples because each wedding needed a special wedding outfit, which was female-only.

Then after they added tuxedos for male characters years later, they still restricted it to female/male character couples.

5. Ridiculous

I think the Star Wars MMORPG has some sort of same-sex marriage, although by the looks of it it is some bastardised version that is probably worse than not having it at all: Gay Marriage In 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' Video Game Restricted To Single 'Ghetto' Planet

Skyrim allows you to marry any character that is available for marriage, regardless of your gender - presumably all the NPCs are pansexual.

6. RoguesWolfe

A bit random but back when I was playing Skyrim you could do that, ^-^ I married the werewolf chick.

7. Macabremelody

:slight_smile: eudemons should allow gay marriage cuz they already have adoption and the ability to make babies in a not so graphic way but you can tell whats happening lol

8. Feijoa

Dragon Age has gay relationships and even has cut scenes for them

9. Macabremelody

:slight_smile: i love dragon age

10. Porphyrogenitus

It's a lot more common in single player games than MMOs. Largely, I suppose, since people aren't exposed to how anyone else plays the game...

It'd be nice in MMOs, assuming there's a good reason to have a marriage/relationship system in the game in the first place.

11. SilverGirl

there are more single player games with gay marriage than online that i know of, the only mmorpgs i know that have it are ragnarok (between you and another player) and star wars the old republic (between you and another character of yours)

12. Feijoa

In Rift, you are able to have an in-game wedding, with a created instance so you can invite other players and their characters. The weddings can be same-sex, heterosexual or inter-race.

13. Macabremelody

i just wish there where more games with gay marriage it would gain alot more popularity

14. Res

Res

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

I wish there was gay marriage in the Harvest Moon / Rune Factory games. They allow crossdressing now. But it's still not the same... You've gotta play as the opposite sex for quite a while before you can cross-dress, and even then, people refer to you as, "He." And then you wear a suit at the wedding... And being femme, this is unacceptable!

15. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I agree, especially in MMO's if there is ever marriage or romance type content between players there should be same-sex options.

16. Saturn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight

In Final Fantasy 7, if you played the game a certain way you could take Barret on a date instead of Tifa or Aeris!

It's hilariously awkward.

17. Thedistra

Only with games that already have a straight marriage option(Or plan to). Most games romance in general doesn't belong. I think you don't see it often in online games because marriage itself doesn't often fit in the first place.

It would need to add something to the game.

Often in mmo's like WoW and Runescape the players just do their own weddings. They can be quite elaborate.

18. Hrantou

Most games these days have a romance option. (Like Dragon Age...SWTOR) But in MMOs its not as prevalent, or in my opinion needed. I would like it as a side option, but most MMO developers focus on gameplay and features instead. I think that's better since most MMO's don't do as great these days.

19. Grimm

Personally, I think it's probably not a good idea, especially in MMOs. The problem is that most every game that tries to portray relationships, be they heterosexual or homosexual, do so in a very shallow manner. It's generally given as a reward for following through with some set of actions, and it seems shoehorned into Bioware games these days simply because it's practically obligatory at this point. Dragon Age: Origins, despite being my favorite game of all time, is one of the worst offenders. You can literally just give people trinkets until they sleep with you. It's awful.

Despite this, if some game manages to find a way to do it right, they absolutely MUST include gay and lesbian options. I would be very upset otherwise.

20. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people

Skyrim...

My character is a female nord named Alcina. She's a super dyke, and she's married to Aela, the Huntress.