1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gone Home: Massively Acclaimed Gay-Interest Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Adi, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    [​IMG]

You arrive home after a year abroad. You expect your family to greet you, but the house is empty. Something's not right. Where is everyone? And what's happened here?

Gone home is an interactive exploration simulator. Interrogate every detail of a seemingly normal house to discover the story of the people who live there. Open any drawer and door. Pick up objects and examine them to discover clues. Uncover the events of one family's lives by investigating what they've left behind.

Go home again.

Source: Gone Home: A Story Exploration Video Game

Reviews: Gone Home for PC Reviews - Metacritic

Just finished playing this gem. I noticed there was no thread about it (surprising, considering that it has a gay storyline, something which no games venture into), so I thought I'd make one. It's about a girl (your character) returning from a one year trip to Europe. Her family has moved to a huge new house, but no one's home. You explore the house and discover surprising secrets about your family. The story you end up getting is the stuff you'd typically see in a book or movie, rather than a video game. It's just that good. And it's also so touching. I was crying by the end.

The only downside is the price (20 USD!), however this is by far the most artistically accomplished video games I've ever played. And it's also critically acclaimed!!!

Has anyone else played it?

2. Saint Otaku

Nope, is it an interactive horror of sorts, or just really atmospheric?

3. Adi

Adi

Out Status:
    A few people
    Not horror at all, though it does play with genre expectations. Not to spoil too much of it, but imagine a gay indie drama turned into a video game.

4. lukeluvznicki13

interesting
    i'm gonna look into it.

5. Wells

Wells Guest

It looks good but I dont think my laptop could play it. I dunno...

6. naoky78

naoky78 Guest

Yes, the game is really cool, I recently played, what to say the classic is a classic!

7. Najlen

Yeah, I played it like a year ago, it's awesome

8. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It was free a few months ago on ps plus :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: i downloaded it but i am yet to play it, didnt know it had LGBT themes. Makes me wanna give it ago now. I like these style of games enjoyed Firewatch (i think that was its name) the one with the watch towers in a forest.

9. Titbrains

Really liked the game. Graphics and aesthetics were pretty and the story was quite heartbreaking. If you enjoyed this one and want to play something similar aims recommend What Remains of Edith Finch, Firewatch, Life is Strange and Night in the Woods. All really beautiful games with a great plot and complex characters.

10. tranonymous

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd recommend 'Oxenfree' as well. Its kinda like Firewatch in that it mostly consists of walking around and talking, but its more of a YA ghost story type thing.
    It has an amazing artistic style, the dialogue is well written, and the game gives you a lot of control over the conversations.