1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Paying for Playing

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wells, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Wells

Wells Guest

So on PSN, to buy a game or something, say Journey, you have to put a card number in, right? My mum doesnt trust it one bit (even though she uses it online). Is there really any risk? And are there alternative ways to pay?

2. Mitchell

I'd get a pre-paid card somewhere. The mall here has visa / amex gift cards you pay for up front, and can use online.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Prepaid cards are no risk. Sony is a reputable company, but they have been hacked and had financial information stolen at least once.

Is it because she sees the PS3 as different from a desktop? Because at its core, it really is exactly the same thing.

4. Wells

Wells Guest

Probably. And you interact with other people online too and so yeah... Well them pre paid cards sound good. I might get one of them, or rather ask my mum to get one of them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: if they do it in britain

5. derrik

Guys Pay for Play has different meaning for some of us. Guess its an age thing

:slight_smile:

6. Wells

Wells Guest

Lol sorry Derrik I didny realise but I think I get it :grin:. I'd change the title but I can't oh well...

7. Deaderpool2

They do:thumbsup:, go to your local game shop. I dont know if hmv stores them but they might be worth a shot too.
    when sony was hacked i freaked out, it was my bank card and it was literally two days after i gave them my number. luckily i wasnt affected. was anyone other than sony actually affected?

8. Dodonnas

Dodonnas Guest

Just be careful and read their policies in regards to your credit card. I know the ps3 service is different the Xbox 360, but I recall having to directly call Microsoft to cancel my gold membership, as there isn't, or at least was not an option to do so. Even then, I wasn't able to remove my credit card information from my profile.

Maybe these things don't bother you and perhaps Sony has different policies, but just be certain.

9. Carpe Noctem

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm less than half your age and still misunderstood the title, so it's not an age thing! :lol:

10. Wells

Wells Guest

My fault I should have realised beforehand. Can't a member of staff change the title?? I feel even stupid-er now.:frowning2: