1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Netbook and Notebook

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dustin Broke, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

I did recently get two new notebooks one is a Acer Aspire One D270-26Dbb netbook and one is a HP 2000-2b44dx

Now my question is that since both are lower end PCs which is overall better for normal use? I know that the netbook can only get 2GB ram but other than that which is overall better? Are both going to perform about the same like graphics, speed, etc?

I got the HP notebook for $300 since it came bundle with other things from Best Buy and I got the $230 netbook from K-Mart since it was on clearance but both are brand new from local store.

Also netbook has Win 7 and notebook has Win 8.

Netbook specs

Specifications

Acer Aspire One D270-26Dbb

:: Processor

Intel Atom N2600 1.6 GHz

:: Mainboard

Intel NM10

:: Memory

1024 MB, DDR3 SDRAM - PC3-8500 - 1066 MHz

:: Graphics adapter

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA) 3600

:: Display

10.1 inch , 1024x600 pixel, glossy: no

:: Harddisk

WDC Scorpio Blue WD3200BPVT-22JJ5T0, 320 GB 5400 rpm

:: Soundcard

Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio Controller

:: Connections

3 USB 2.0, 1 VGA, 1 HDMI, 1 Kensington Lock, Card Reader: Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, MultiMediaCard (MMC), Secure Digital (SD), xD Picture Card,

:: Networking

Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (10/100MBit), Broadcom 802.11n (a b g n ), 4.0 Bluetooth

:: Size

height x width x depth (in mm): 24 x 256 x 184

:: Weight

1.3 kg

:: Battery

49 Wh Lithium-Ion, 6 cells

:: Operating System

Microsoft Windows 7 Starter 32 Bit

:: Additional features

Webcam: Webcam

Notebook specs

Product Name 2000-2b44DX
    Product Number D1E89UA
    Microprocessor 1.3GHz, AMD E-300 Accelerated Processor
    Microprocessor Cache 1MB L2 Cache
    Memory 4GB DDR3 SDRAM (1 DIMM)
    Memory Max Maximum supported = 8GB
    Memory Slots 2 user accessible
    Video Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6310 Discrete-Class graphics with up to 1972MB total graphics memory
    Display 15.6-inch diagonal HD BrightView LED-backlit display (1366x768)
    Hard Drive 500GB 5400RPM hard drive
    Multimedia Drive SuperMulti DVD Burner
    Network Card 10/100BASE-T Ethernet LAN (RJ-45 connector)
    Wireless Connectivity 1x1 802.11b/g/n WLAN
    Sound Altec Lansing dual speakers
    Keyboard Full-size keyboard
    Pointing Device Touchpad supporting multi-touch gestures with on/off button
    External Ports Multi-Format Digital Media Card Reader for Secure Digital cards & Multimedia cards

Dimensions 1.20 in (min H)/ 1.41 in (max H) x 14.80 in (W) x 9.72 in (D)
    Weight 5.39 lb
    Power 65W AC adapter

ID Mech Description HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated digital microphone

I added specs to my post I just wanted to know out of these two that I recently got which is overall the best. I know one has smaller screen and so forth but performance wise out of two are they going to perform the same? Or almost the same? If one is slightly fast which on is it? I can make my netbook has 2GB ram. But for overall look which is better? Thanks

If someone can find this out I would truly appreciate it. I just feel that they are going to be the same since the notebook is low end and the netbook might be a nicer one but it's never fast as a notebook that is mid or high end ones. I thought maybe the netbook will be about the same as the lowest end notebook. Both I know has dual core but the netbook has 4 HT and both are around the same speed. I just thought maybe someone here would know more and could tell me which overall performs better if they are the same then let me know also. Thanks

2. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

The reason why they were $300 is since it came bundled with a Logitech wireless mouse and 6 month Kaspersky antivirus and a notebook sleeve. Normally all would cost close to $400 but it was $300. I seen a HP notebook with same specs for around $280 or $270 or so. But anyways the reason why I got this is since it's the cheapest and also since it's the lowest price one then after 3 years or so I can easily upgrade to another $300 or less notebook again and then it will be current on that time. I was surprised that my old Sony notebook that was made in 2010 that costed $600 performs worse on the video card than what I have now on my newer one. Basically the Radeon HD 6310 runs better on games than Intel HD first gen or GMA 5700HD. Also the Radeon has DirectX 11 and the other one only had DirectX 10. So I learned that buying a decent machine isn't the best thing to do since in 3 years the lowest price one will perform better on games. I guess the technology is just much newer even the cheapest one compared to a mid grade notebook made in 2010. I gave the Sony one to my mom since she doesn't have a notebook. Also that notebook was a gift from my mom and Tom and my grandparents so I can't sell it.

But anyways I guess both will perform about the same for my netbook and notebook right? Just the HP one has more ram and bigger screen and little bigger hard drive space.

Also another reason I got the HP is that since it has Altec Lansing speakers which sound better than most notebook speakers this price. The netbook doesn't have it but at least it has stereo speakers unlike my old one that only had one mono speaker.

3. monotone

Looking over it quickly, I think that the first one will probably run processor-intensive programs better, while the second is better for graphics-intensive programs such as games. As far as I know, GMA graphics are pretty crappy, to put it mildly.

Which is better for your use depends on what you do with your computer.

Personally, I'd spend $530 on a better notebook instead of $230 and $300 on two notebooks.

4. lukeluvznicki13

I agree on the first seeming to be more powerful than the 2nd.

5. Dustin Broke

Dustin Broke Guest

Well even it says that the Radeon 6310 is a discrete graphics card it's still a fast integrated graphics like Intel. I don't know why but AMD calls them like a dedicated video card when the GPU is built on the processor kinda like how Intel HD graphic cards are like. So I just didn't know which was overall better since basically the netbook is a mid grade and the notebook is a lowest end one so I thought it ends up both are the same on how they perform.

---------- Post added 15th Sep 2013 at 04:55 AM ----------

Although I really question that is the Radeon HD 6310 really a IGP like what some people said? Since according to AMD they are a dedicated card so kinda confusing.