1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nokia phone got deactivated?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Daydreamer1, Sep 17, 2013.

1. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This may be dumb, but I'd like help.

I was in a call today that suddenly dropped. I figured it was the person on the other end. But when I checked my phone I saw something was odd. I tried to connect to the Internet but nothing happened. I tried calling the person back but it said something like "Your phone has been deactivated".

What the hell do I do? If it helps I have the Straight Talk plan and I found my service guide that said it's a Nokia 6790 and I'm pretty sure my main provider is AT&T (just going by what I see when I send stuff from my phone to my computer).

I'm kind of nervous and anxious right now and I'm hoping if I have to ditch the phone that I can still keep my number since it's connected to my online accounts. I think my mom deactivated her old phone after she lost it, but I hope that they also deactivated mine.

2. lukeluvznicki13

Hi :slight_smile:
    Have you tried rebooting your phone? Sometimes your phone may encounter an error between the sim card and the phone.
    Reboot and see if your are connected again.
    If however, nothing happens and the "deactivation" continues, then it is best to contact your cellphone service provider and see if an error has occurred on their side.
    Hope this helps :slight_smile:

3. Tim

Tim

AT&T had an outage last night, at least here, we lost internet for quite some time and friends who had them on phones couldn't use them either.

When did it happen?

If it's still having an issue, it's probably best to call customer service and see what's up.

4. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Turns out it was exactly what my partner said. When my mom lost her phone, she told the company to deactivate it (but leave the other alone); and the idiots deactivated both. So I got my phone back. However, I'm having issues since I moved my stuff to a new phone.

Ugh. I'm just going to assume for this problem (it's minor, but my phone doesn't notify me when I get text messages) and the ones my mom are having with her new phone are due to some bullshit activation error.