1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assassin's Creed III

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by utsuratsura, Sep 24, 2013.

1. utsuratsura

So I bought ACIII this past weekend, but it doesn't work on my computer? I put the disk in, but nothing happens. I don't even think my computer recognizes it. Anyone else have this problem?

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First of all, what is your operating system? That could make a big difference.

But other than that, occasionally the autorun won't work. In that case you have to open up whatever form of "My Computer" you have and look for the game disk in the list of drives. If it shows up, gravy. Click on it and you should be good. If not, then you've got issues. Either the disk is bad or it might be a problem with the cd drive itself. Then you're looking at updating/reinstalling drivers. But if other games work and it's just AC, that shouldn't be the case.

3. utsuratsura

I'm pretty sure I have XP right now. But my friend said he might give me his Windows 7 disk, so i might have that sometime soon.
    I can play other games and cds, but for some reason AC doesn't show up in My Computer at all. It's like I didn't even put the disk in. I bought the game new, so there shouldn't be a problem with it, but maybe there's like a error in the programming or something? I'm not too sure orz

4. lukeluvznicki13

hmm that is odd.
    Try refreshing in "my computer".

5. utsuratsura

:confused:nothing happened

6. Mysz

Hit ctrl + Alt +delete and open up Task Manager. Do you see anything under its name in the processes tab? I don't have AC III (wish I did :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:) but that happened on my Skyrim game.

7. utsuratsura

Nope. Nothing shows up.

8. Mysz

Maybe you could try running it via Steam. I just checked, and apparently Steam lets you activate a product by entering some key found on the CD/DVD case. After activation, you would start the game via Steam and not through a computer auto-run.

9. utsuratsura

I think I figured it out! You need a DVD drive to play the game, right? Well, it turns out, I don't have a DVD drive. I have a CD drive. Awesome.