1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Grand Theft Auto V

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Wells, Sep 29, 2013.

1. Wells

Wells Guest

So, I don't think there's a thread dedicated to this game. Which is why I created one. Anyway, who has it? I've heard it's supposed to be the best all-timer to date... but is it really? Is it overrated (like iPhone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)? Most importantly is it worth getting? And how long is the story? And the install time (PS3/Xbox)?

Err... I wasn't meant to post that many questions but oh well.

2. lukeluvznicki13

Haha well I think it may be overrated because there was such a massive build up to the release. So now everyone was/is so excited over it so it is probably an exaggeration. But overall, it is a really good game :slight_smile:

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. imjustmeok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So. Good. Can't. Stop. Playing.

Yeah, I'm a very jaded gamer and really I've loved every minute of this game. It's so much fun I think about it at work and can't wait to get home to play it. Can't think of the last time I've felt that way about a game. Maybe when World of Warcraft was first released?

5. BlueLines

The install time isn't too bad on the 360 if your using an internal drive. The game does live up the hipe though, its almost like playing a movie. But there is a better plot with more characters and you can basically do whatever you want. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. imjustmeok

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, the install was only minutes compared to say a mmorpg on the computer which can take 30 plus minutes to update.

The graphics are outstanding for an old system like the xbox360. TBH, when I saw it was the release day for this game I went online to buy it for PC. Saw it was only for consoles and was really bummed out. Have an xbox360 so just went and got a title for that. I was really blown away. It must push the 360's capacity to the max but hardly any slowdown at all. I'm impressed.

Same fun as to be expected with any GTA title but less of the frustrating missions that we just came to expect. They are all doable now with just the right amount of challenge to keep the game flowing well. I know I'll play through it again once I've finished.

---------- Post added 2nd Oct 2013 at 01:42 AM ----------

Just tried the online portion of the game. Ouch. Not working well at all. Can't even start the first mission. I think their servers are overrun since it is the first day online is available.

7. staychill

staychill Guest

It's definitely worth getting. It's easily one of the best gta games so far. There is so much more mission variety than in gta 4. They've added in so much new stuff. I have it for ps3, but the install time wasn't bad at all.

8. Orcish Churgeon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    no it's not good. or at least it has a very muddled political message and as not as funny as it thinks it is. And these kind of detract from my enjoyment of the game. And yes it's not fun to play or at least i cant think of any bits that weren't done better in other games.

9. butaneinmyveins

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's the best open world game ever made.

10. pokerface87

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So far I prefer the previous one. There is a hilarious College Humor clip about it that sums up my feelings about it :lol:

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

It's alright. I was thinking about buying it for myself but probably won't pick it up any time soon.