1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weird places you've found lost games?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by An Gentleman, Oct 3, 2013.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've heard some pretty interesting stories...
    Do you guys have any?

2. Minamimoto_Fan

I've found some gba cartridges and a ds game card under my friend's car seat when I was helping him clean out a used car he cought

3. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

I ended up in Atlantic City lost once and stayed there going around in circles in a gray mini van until the sun came up so I could tell my east from west and north from south. It was crazy!!!

#3 Double Eagle, Oct 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2013
  4. Johneh

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Years ago we had bought a second hand sofa. Down the inside of one of the chairs I found a gameboy with mario in it. (gameboy was not long out at the time).

Guess what I was doing for the rest of the day? :slight_smile:

5. Abbra

I found a Fairlyodd Parents game in the middle of the road once. It didn't save and it glitched a lot, but it was pretty cool.

6. Galah2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I found two copies of sims 3ds, one from Europe at a hotel I in NC.

I also bought a copy of LOZ: sprint tracks from GameStop when I had sold my own to them a couple of years prior. When I loaded it, it was the same exact copy I'd had before, still with all my data on it. Mind blowing moment, but I was pretty happy.

7. SlickyPants

I found an Excitebike cartridge for the NES laying in the grass by a river. I was walking across the bridge and happened to look over the rail and it caught my eye laying in the grass. It was a bit dirty and the plastic was cracked. I haven't tried it to see if it still works.

8. Projectfabulous

My dad found 2 gba games on the floor of a Japanese airport once. They had to do with yoshi and wario I think..

9. biggayguy

Every now and then I find gaming stuff at Goodwill. Some of the ladies don't know what it is and they price it dirt cheap.

10. Hrantou

I once found a box of Call of Duty 2 CDs in my junior high cafeteria. Just lying on the floor. This was when the game was brand new. Being a bad kid, I kept them.../shame...

But it was fun as hell :grin:

11. Xochipilli

Not me, but back in the 90s my mom came home and gave me a Pokemon Yellow cartridge.
    No box or anything. She said she found it in the parking lot of a Target.
    I almost died. :grin:

12. RainyViolinist

I left my Gameboy Advance with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon in it at an Asian supermarket in Philly, so if any of you happen to have found something like that in similar circumstances, yup, that's mine :grin:.

13. Nyanko

I went to help my friend do her laundry at the laundromat and found Pokemon Emerald sitting in the dryer. When I got home it smelled and worked perfectly.

Best day ever.

14. Level G

I haven't lucked out and found games anywhere(recently, I have two stories), but I have found good deals on GBA stuff. I found a backlit SP and Gameshark yesterday, and a Action Replay for my Gamecube!

My first SP came into my possession about 4 years ago, however, I've had it spiritually for about twice as long. My aunt is a teacher and one year she confiscated it from a student. At the end of the year she forgot to give it back to him, so she gave it to my cousin, who never played it. In my 7th grade year, I asked if I could borrow it for a field trip, to which my cousin agreed. I had my own games and a original GBA, but the screen was glitching up bad.
    Afterwards, I returned it and eventually starting nagging my cousin if she would give me the SP. One day she agreed as she was tired of it taking up space on her dresser. Had it ever since.

Another friend gave me his copy of Pokemon Emerald, because he never played it any more. I kept rolling with his file and just go around beefing up my party so I can go fight Steven.

15. Grimm

Found a copy of Halo 3 in a used XBOX 360 that my friend bought. Worked like a charm, too.

16. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I once found a Celtic-folk-music mixtape on the side of the road once. Which has nothing to do with video games. But it was still pretty badass.

My friend once found some Care Bears GB game in a hockey arena. Not as cool as the mixtape..