1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice on Video Editors.

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Abbra, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Abbra

I'm trying to start up a somewhat successful Youtube channel. However, I'm kind of stuck on what kind of editing software I should use. I'll be able to buy good software by December, but for now I'm going to have to stick to using free or very cheap software. The good news is that part of the point of my videos is that they are kind of cheesy, however I don't want to look unprofessional.

I guess my question is, what kind of free editing software should I use until I can afford something more complex. I'm obviously looking for things like minimal crashing and no water mark, but I would also like a program that doesn't take up too much space. I'm on a windows 7 laptop as well.

2. Hysteria

Well, if you're looking for a free one then your best bet is with Windows Movie Maker. It's incredibly basic compared to likes of Sony Vegas or Adobe Premier, but if you're looking for something to just make minor adjustments to video then it will serve your purpose. Of course, many people tend to pirate something like Sony Vegas, so I suppose that option is always there if you can bear the post-download guilt. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: