1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dragon Age: Origins

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Mysz, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Mysz

Okay, I admit I first got a little interested in this because it's another video game where same-sex relationships are possible :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: . Shoot me if you will :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. But, after reading the game summary and seeing screenshots, I'm far more interested.
    Anyone who already has it recommend it? It's either Dragon Age or Assassin's Creed, but so far I'm leaning more towards DAO. :grin:

2. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    Play it. Now.
    Seriously, I LOOOOOVE that game. I have played it and DA2 so. many. times. Morrigan is just yum.

I never got into Assassin's Creed, it's a good game just boring to me.

3. ruby7799

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Dao is so fun you can do so much customizing and so many skills and everything its better than Skyrim or close and also you get most party members quick then with your main class like mage you can train into a healer or shape shifter or blood mage. Even more than that fyi flask can be bought in the capital city (this stumped me because I was lost and love potions and posions) Lastly the game is huge a in my opinon the plot is great and the more you listen to your party the better it gets like Morrigans Grimare or Alistars Amulant

4. Mysz

Is there a console feature like in Skyrim? (Haha, I got soo lazy after discovering the tgm command in Skyrim). I mgiht be too tempted to use it, though, if there was.
    The mods for DAO look great too :grin: And customizing your character is always one of the fun parts.

5. There is a way to cheat in PC DAO, yes.

I recommend the game highly. One of it's best parts is that it achieves a perfect mix of seriousness and hilarity.

6. petnelf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It is one of the best games I have ever played. Since high school I do not have much to time to play computer games although I really am into gaming. I love fantasy games. DAO is really it has a great story good graphics and great gameplay (DA2 is also good but the story ends too soon and the mechanics are not as good as DAO). I reccomend it 100% and it will not get you bored. Assasins creed is also nice (haven't played too much but i've played it once) but not as exhilarating as DAO. I love how you choose your own story all the time

7. DrkRayne

PLAY IT!!!!!!!!
    I've played origin and DA 2. You are going to LOVE IT!!!! I recommend it. I play assassins creed, but it has NOTHING on the Dragon Age Series.

8. lukeluvznicki13

I loveeee that game also dragon age 2 where anders comes out that he has had a relationship with a man before etc :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.
    They are both brilliant games :slight_smile:

9. LILuke

Dragon Age is great. "Fear my sword of Truthiness!" might be the greatest line I've ever heard in a video game. :grin:

10. Mysz

Just bought it, all these comments are making me so excited! :grin: I have to hold myself back and study for an exam, so I don't stay up all night on DAO.

11. Rakkaus

Rakkaus Guest

I love Dragon Age:Origins and yeah it's true you can have same-sex relationships, I remember having romantic cut scenes with the elf dude lol. :grin:

I haven't played it in a while though, now I want to go back to it. I love fantasy genre games like the Dragon Age and The Elder Scrolls series.

12. Mysz

The graphics are a little difficult of a transition, since I'm coming from Skyrim, but the game is so much more personal, and your choices actually matter! It's thrilling xD No sleep tonight! Morrigan's such a bitch, though. Powerful, buuut... unsympathetic. Wish there were some nicer girls, but oh well :grin:
    Loving this game!

13. Two notes: Morrigan is exclusively heterosexual unless you mod the game, and Leliana is both bi and incredibly nice.

14. Mysz

Aye, I'm using the "Equal Love" mod, though first comes questing and getting used to the game.

15. pennydreadful

Out Status:
    A few people
    Play it and DA2 I just replaying these games for the 8th and 4th time lol

16. petnelf

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh come on... Morrigan sure is a b*h but she has some good points and I thinks she is really helpful at battle. I even had a relationship with her... lol I really liked her mother issues...

17. SilverGirl

i've finished DAO i think 2 or 3 times, it's a very fun game, one of those classic Bioware games where the story and dialogue are great, and the companions are awesome

other great bioware games that you can check out that also have same sex relationships are:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (has F/F romance with a mod)
    Jade Empire (has same sex romance for male and female)
    Dragon Age 2 (sequel for DAO, all 4 companions are bi, 1 human male, 1 elf male, 1 human female, 1 elf female)
    Mass Effect 1 (there is an alien species that is monogendered and they look a lot like human females, one of your companions, Liara, is of this species and you can romance her, you can also romance Ashley with save game edit, male lieutenant Kaidan Alenko can also be romanced as a male by editing the save, but he is already romanceable by both genders in ME3)
    Mass Effect 2 (you can do a mini romance with Kelly Chambers and you can continue your romance with Liara from ME1, or with Ashley if you edited the save, you can mod your ME2 save to romance Tali, Jack, Garrus, Jacob and Thane with the same gender, but if you do this, some voiced dialogue from your character will be silent)
    Mass Effect 3 (all previous romances can be continued, there is also a gay pilot named Steve Cortez you can romance, and your Comms Officer Samantha Traynor is lesbian, there is also a bi reporter named Diana Allers, Kaidan Alenko is also romanceable for both genders now, edited romances from the past games will have voices missing)
    Star Wars The Old Republic (has same sex relationships on the Hutt Cartel expansion, and you can also create a family tree with your characters, and you can set them as spouses regardless of gender)

all of these games are great regardless of the romances, so i really recommend you try them out, if you liked DAO, you'll probably like these as well!