1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Share some emotional moments in games

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by MinusK, Oct 12, 2013.

1. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I just finished Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons and honestly this is the first game to make me cry :tears: like legitimately, not just a tear rolling from the eye, actually weeping. So I wondered if anyone else would like to share moments in games that were so emotional they actually made you do some physically (like crying) :c

Obviously spoilers inbound, heed this warning.

The atmosphere was perfect for the death of Big Brother. The sad, mournful music as Little Brother cries over his dead sibling is incredibly depressing, and his determined response to give him Waters of Life fail. The fact you have to literally bury him and drag him to his grave only makes it worse. The fact Little Brother is able to do things Big Brother can after he's gone shows the imagery that he can move on and grow up, and at the end when the Dad weeps at the grave of Big Brother as Little Brother stands in front, in silence, contrasts the beginning where Little Brother was weeping over his Mother's grave. The most touching part is when he hallucinates a final hug with Big Brother before panning to his lifeless corpse. I have lost close family members, but never a sibling. Normally you are closer to your brothers and sisters, you can relate to each other, play with each other, I daresay a love for your siblings is greater than a love for your parents. The game's presentation of death through Big Brother oddly relates to me somehow, and I would say it's the saddest moment in a video game I have ever seen. The difference to something like this and Mother 3's death of Claus is different. Claus is hardly known in Mother 3, his death is sad but not enough for me to mourn over. Big Brother on the other hand you play with through the entire game, you can see his relationship with his brother. Thanks for reading my wall of text and I recommend you play Brothers if you haven't already.

2. Sitri

I've cried way to much over video games, thoguh only two stick out in my head right now.
    Zero's Return: Virtues Last Reward; This game has so many plot twist and emotional moments. I won't post any spoilers because I want you to play it for yourself, but Luna's ending was one ofthe most touching scenes in any video game I have played.
    Persona 4: Again, I won't even give you the option of spoiling this for yourself because you need to play this game. I'll give two words so anybody who plays it can know what I'm talking about, but if you have not played the game I do not want you to read this.
    Nanoko hospital

3. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    Oh good lord....so many. Some stand out ones would be...

Fallout 3
    Your dad, the one you searched for through out the entire game gets killed right in front of you. So many feels.

Dragon Age 2
    Your mom not only dies, but she her head is removed and placed onto a Frankenstein like bride for this sick bastard to try and recreate his dead wife.
    It. Destroyed. Me. I bawled, I mean ugly cry. I've replayed it countless times too, and every time I just die a little.

The last battle in Halo 4, I don't know man, the music...the atmosphere, it was SO good, and so emotional for me.

Mass Effect 3
    MORDIN, OMG MORDIN WHY??? He's your smart, lovable, Salarian that helped you save humanity. He sacrifices himself for the cause, so many feels again.

All of the endings of Bioshock, I'm not even going into detail on this one. They are just very good.

Aaaand lastly, I'll say COD: Modern Warfare 2, I know it'l silly but...
    When ghost dies, it was really emotional for me...and the end of the game too. It was just really, really good.

There's more, but I don't want to drone on haha. God I love games...

4. spl4tterpunk

Out Status:
    A few people
    the first game that made me extremely emotional was Persona 3

The first time was when shinjiro died, i didn't begin liking him until a little before he died and i was on the verge of just absolutely BAWLING but my dad was in the room and i had to keep my tears back. you were a good guy shinjiro T_T

the second time was when we found out ikutsuki was crazy and he betrayed everyone, and shot mitsuru's father. i was so SO angry it was actually kind of funny looking back on it. i was yelling at the tv screen XD.

the last big thing was the end game, after you defeat nyx, and everyone regains their memories of what happened while they were together, and they're headed towards the place you agreed to meet after it was over and you're lying your head in aigis's lap there. it tells you that you're tired, and asks you if you want to take a nap here. (i picked yes the first time, but i think it just keeps asking you until you select yes), and aigis says something, i can't really remember what, and then the credits role. i had known before i started playing the game that the main character dies, and i figured that was what happened. during the credits i was crying my eyes out just because of how great a game it was and how many emotions it made me have while playing it.

there's a lot of other game that made me emotional, but this was the one i enjoyed the most
    conclusion: i am a lame cry baby

5. MinusK

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'll throw out some more contributions because why not.

Mother 3:
    They really don't give a chance for happiness. Right off the bat your mother dies and your brother goes missing/dies looking for her. Your dad goes crazy and becomes a silent hermit-like shell of what he was after both of the news, only leaving the house to look for Claus, even after two years. Porky and his minions corrupt your once peaceful town where everyone cares into a greedy, selfish city where everybody dislikes everyone else. Wess goes missing and his dad is alone because his last moment with him is of him scolding Wess. And the ending, where you find out the Masked Man was Claus, your brother, all along, hypnotised by Porky into stopping you, then killing himself because he's ashamed. It's so depressing I mean seriously.

Mass Effect 3:
    With all the sad scenes in this game, my most was with Garrus when you see him for the final time. In his critical state, just before he leaves, he reminisces his adventures with you. That guy was the my favourite character, he's your bro from basically the start all the way to the end and it was so hard to realise I'd probably never see him again :c

Braid:
    It's incredibly complicated and hard to explain, sorry :frowning2:

Still can't stop thinking about the ending to Brothers though. My god it's so crushing it's making me slightly depressed.

6. Dented

Red Dead Redemption:

John Marston's death and how it led to Jack leading the life his dad tried to get him to avoid.

7. Miss Loopy

8. js28

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Metal Gear Solid

Having to choose between saving Otacon or saving Meryl :icon_sad:

9. Inferno

Inferno Guest

The walking dead.

'Nuff said.

10. Tex

Tex

Currently North Dakota; Michigan at heart.
    OH MY GOD! HOW DID I FORGET THAT?!?!

I don't even think I spoke for like an hour after that. I was just a blubbering mess.

11. blond

For me it's mass effect 3 the red ending. It just felt so real to me.

12. Hysteria

The complicated ending to Bioshock Infinite made me quite emotional for some reason.

13. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

Infamous 2's good and evil endings were fairly sad and kyute

14. Harve

The Sims is the height of video-game storytelling.

15. kem

kem

Klonoa: The Door to Phantomile.
    And Klonoa 2.

Klonoa 2 was the first game I ever beat completely by myself, I think. I cried so. friggin. much.

16. LILuke

The end of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep and Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days.

Seriously Square, stop toying with my emotions. So many feels! :frowning2:

17. lukeluvznicki13

amen to that xD

18. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, that got to me.

Also, there's the ending to Fable III that made me a little sad.
    The Hero King/Queen ends up having to kill Walter to save Albion from the darkness.

19. CheesyGoose

Mass Effect 3
    Mordin's death. Leaving your romance option. But what really got to me was the Extended Cut ending when the crew put up Shepard's name, and Anderson's in some endings and then some characters hug and everything. That with the music was so friggin sad, but I was happy at the same time. I cried like a bitch, especially if EDI was there too..

The Walking Dead
    I would end up writing a novel about this. In short, basically after every episode, I had to think for a bit. What I had done, who lived and who died. I like went into this crazy man mode, who got way too attached to those characters. I was a mess :V That game is pure gold.

20. Stripe101

How about in Half Life 2: Episode 2 when Eli kisses his daughter on the forehead only to get his brains sucked out if him. The game ends with Alyx crying over his dead body.

Another one is pretty much all of the Walking Dead. That game literally made me cry.