1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cleaning a laptop screen?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lukeluvznicki13, Oct 13, 2013.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys :slight_smile:
    I was looking at my laptop screen and I can see that I really need to clean it but how?
    I know screens can be extremely sensitive and I am unsure of what cleaning product and material I must use to clean it with.
    Got any advice/input on this?
    Thanks!

2. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know Windex has a product that's specifically for electronics. If you can find that and a microfiber cloth, you'd be set.

3. CheesyGoose

Yeah, there's tons of products out there just meant for cleaning TV, laptop and other screens. And yes, a microfiber cloth would be essential, since you don't really know what a regular cloth could do to a screen. It could ruin it in some way. There are also these disposable moist screen cleaning tissues, so you won't have to have the cloth. Acme has something like that.

4. Ridiculous

50% white vinegar, 50% water is what you should use on those soft laptop (and other device) screens. Cleaning fluids that aren't specifically designed for it can discolour them.
    A lint-free cloth is ideal but honestly it isn't that much of an issue if you just use a regular one - just make sure there it doesn't have any particle matter in it that could leave scratches.

5. someguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have always used a 50/50 mix of isopropyl alcohol and de-ionised water with a microfibre cloth. Never had an issue with it, they clean avionics with isopropyl alcohol.