1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Audio Recording

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Zaio, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hi EC,

So I recently got my decks for DJing, and I'm loving them loads. However, I now have an issue of capturing audio, I tried to just simply use the booth out of the mixer to the line in of my computer, then use audacity to capture the line in input, however I could hear a scratchy/muffled sound, so the quality isn't high enough there.

Does anybody have experience here capturing audio? Are there any external digital recorders that can record in very high quality you'd advise? I'm using .wav files so would like my very high quality audio to remain just that.

Thanks! :thumbsup:

2. Romy J

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I also use Audacity. I've not had an issue with it unless I had a bad connection with my mic, broken mic, or was using something other than USB. Then again, I also record to mp3 because wav files are typically out of date unless for sound effects or short little jingles. Reason being, because they are low quality.

3. Zaio

Zaio Guest

I'm not recording with a mic, I'm using CDJ players connected to a mixer, then trying to capture the audio playing in that mixer, so I need much higher power to maintain high quality. Also .wav files aren't low quality, they're the best quality, MP3s are compressed lossy files, basically .wav files with less quality to save space.

I think this might be part of the problem, simply because .wav files are such high quality that they require stronger audio capturing devices, I'm just not sure of what requirements I'll need to capture in high quality though :/

4. BlueLines

Over the years I have used a combination of Sonar products and ProTools.

For interfaces, right now I have an RME UFX (can record 24bits @ 192 smaples/sec )and that can do just about anything you could ever want.
    But I know it is way on the expensive side. Took me a few years to save up for...

5. Zaio

Zaio Guest

Hmm yeah that's too expensive, I'm after something that can record in high quality at loud levels, just something cheaper than capture most of the data of the .wav files, so not much/no quality is lost. Do you know of anything cheaper that would get the job done?

6. BlueLines