1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Stupid Death

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by An Gentleman, Oct 15, 2013.

1. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    What's the most stupid or embarrassing video game death you've ever had?
    I once died playing freaking The Legendary Starfy, out of all things.
    It was on one of the challenge levels, but still... :tears:

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably in one of a zillion Halo battles where I tried to throw a plasma grenade, only to have it bounce off a wall right in front of me and stick to my visor. Boom.

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know how many times I've ran into the very first goomba on Super Mario Brothers (nes)

4. Stripe101

I was playing Half-Life 2. I was defending myself with these turret guns in a little control room in Nova Prospekt. It was really hard and annoying and I was glad when it was over.

Alyx popped in and used the monitor in the control room to watch a video. I usually zoom in when this happened but I hit the wrong button and I threw a grenade...

5. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

A memorable one for me is from Goldeneye Rogue Agent, my friend threw mines randomly and killed me. Then i spawned directly on one of the mines so it blew up and killed me. Then the game spawned me on another mine again i died. I think we were on the floor laughing for a full half hour after that.

6. Ruthven

Well, this wasn't an accidental sort of thing, but this one time me and my brother were playing Skyrim (one of us, the other watching), and my guy was riding his horse and we kept sending them over this cliff over and over (dying and reloading) cause the horse's weird way of collapsing on impact with the ground and the dying sound was just really cracking us up. lol I love horses but it was just really funny.

7. Au.Quicksilver

Jumped off a cliff thinking I would survive on Skyrim. I just facepalmed when that happened.

8. Emulator

Used various ways to weaken my character to see what would happen if I died.

9. unknown17050

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    Cat Mario, My rage knows no bounds.

10. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Getting killed by creeps in League Of Legends

11. tommyj

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Was playing World of Warcraft and raiding one Nate very late. The group was discussing strategy to beat the boss and I fell asleep and hit my head on the keyboard. I happened to press the forward key in the process and whiped the whole raid group.

12. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was playing Minecraft a few months back and I was heading into the Nether. The portal in the Nether side generated right at the edge (and I mean right at the edge) of a crevice which overlooked a massive sea of lava. Naturally, expecting nothing out of the ordinary, I charged straight in. In doing so, I'd neglected one small detail: mobs can use the portals too. That small detail came back to bite me in the ass. Hard. As soon as I spawned in the Nether, a zombie found it funny to boot me right off the edge, headlong into the orange sea of death. I didn't last 30 seconds. The clincher? I had a full set of diamond armour and tools. Needless to say, I was not happy. I spent the next three in-game nights slaughtering every zombie that dared come within range. Afterwards, I constructed a safer platform around the portal to avoid any repeats.

13. Hrantou

I used to play classic Call of Duty and Call of Duty: United Offensive back before Call of Duty was so popular. I cannot tell you how many times I died because I threw a grenade only to have it bounce back on me or my team mates, even in tournament matches. I sometimes would even throw it over a wall, go around said wall only to have my own grenade explode on me.

So. Many. Times. :roflmao:

14. Treehugger

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The first time I played LOL I died about 10 times in the tutorial without even being able to attack the Minions .__. ...I was rly sad XD

15. Grimm

Oh, god. As a pretty die-hard Dark Souls fan, the list is astronomical. Multiple leaps off cliffs, dying to completely helpless enemies because of not paying attention, chucking a firebomb when trying to chug some Estus... I could go on for days. The best one is probably striding confidently into a completely empty elevator shaft and falling to my death because I forget to lower the damn thing first.

16. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm beginning to think that Kerbal Space Program is up there as well. Along with having a million ways to die (at least with a few realism mods), it is literally astronomical. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

17. Grimm

[​IMG]

I feel you there. Can't tell you how many space stations I've wrecked because I suck at docking. I'd need a graveyard the size of a small European country to fit all of the Kerbals I've gotten killed (One of them is still orbiting endlessly around the sun because of my disaster of a first Mun landing).

18. Res

Res

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Star Wars: KOTOR2

The ending. I was pissed.

19. DannyBoi66

Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, England
    Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. Basically, I glitched INTO the clock somehow, and fell for about 2 minutes. THEN I could continue. -.-

20. blond

Every time a deathclaw would leap out of nowhere and one hit kill me in new vegas.