1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Steam Games You Guys Could Reccommend?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Fugs, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Fugs

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I bought and finished Assassin's Creed 3 and now I'm looking into Fable 3 when I get my next paycheck but other than that I can't think of what to play that isn't $60+. I like RPG games and mmos like World of Warcraft and Starwars The Old Republic. Played Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim to death.

My computer can handle any game a ps3 can play, plus a bit more. I'm not a huge fan of shooter games like CoD but I loved playing Mass Effect. Any game that I can affect the story like that makes me happy.

Games like Civilization and Sim City are hard for me because of my attention span and memory problems.

Idk if I gave enough info into what I like but I'm sure there's a lot of you game savvy people that can give me some suggestions. <3

2. Ridiculous

Deus Ex is pretty much the archetypal game for having your actions affect the storyline. It's mostly evident in the first one, although you can influence a fair amount in the second and third too (although not as significantly). It is quite similar to Mass Effect with the dialogue options, storyline location hubs, optional side missions and so on - I'm pretty sure Mass Effect took a lot of inspiration from it.

If you can get past the dated graphics the original is the best; if not the third one, Human Revolution, came out 2 years or so ago and is still very well done. The second is a good game but not as good as the other two. You can play the third one without playing the others as it is a prequel.

3. HidingInMyBox

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're looking for something free and fun check out TF2 and DotA2

4. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you play Telltale's The Walking Dead yet?

5. Grimm

You gotta pick up Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons. It's 15 bucks on Steam. Of course you need a controller to play, so if you don't have one you're looking at another 20 - 30. It's pretty short, about three hours if you play straight through the story, and maybe four - four and a half if you explore a bit. You need to find some time where you can just lock yourself in your room and just turn off the lights and play it all the way through in one go. I promise it will be the most emotional game experience you've ever had. I was laughing, bawling, and smiling from ear-to-ear practically all at the same time. Really, it's amazing.

Telltale's The Walking Dead is also really, really good. Plus they just started another episodic game similar to The Walking Dead called The Wolf Among Us. It's based on a comic book series called Fables, and it's just as awesome.

And please remember, triple-a games aren't the only good ones out there. There are loads of good indies (admittedly, you have to sift through some really crappy stuff to get to them sometimes). The Stanley Parable, The Binding of Isaac, Don't Starve, LIMBO, From Dust, FTL, Vessel... I could go on for a while. Those are all really good and fairly cheap.

6. hazza

Realm of the Mad God.

It's freemium bullet-hell, permadeath awesomeness. There are 14 classes to unlock, each with a different ability. It's a good co-op or solo game - you get the same XP from killing enemies co-op as you would by yourself.

You can play for 5 minutes of 5 hours a time really - it's easy to pick up from where you left it last time. But it can be frustrating as well...

7. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You didn't mention Dragon Age. Have you played any of that series?
    Probably, but if you haven't, definitely do so. They're made by Bioware - the same people who made Mass Effect and SWTOR, and choices abound. Dragon Age 2 isn't on Steam, but still worth playing.

Another lesser known Bioware game you may like is Jade Empire. Pretty fun if I remember correctly.

Some other RPGs you may like is The Witcher series.

#7 Illusion, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  8. Miss Loopy

Amnesia. Nuff said.

9. Romy J

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Since you mentioned WoW and SWTOR, there also STO and DCUO through Steam.

10. Jessica79

Surgeon Simulator :roflmao:

11. rg93

I'm appauled nobody even once suggested 'The Witcher' when hearing the term RPG! :confused: Start with the first one, as you can import saves like in Mass Effect or Dragon Age. It's really good after the prologue and if you're lucky, you might catch it on a winter sale, I picked it up last year for 2,99 € and just now started playing.