1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Desktops and Notebooks warranty

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Dallas Archer, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Dallas Archer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Do you guys think that any notebook or desktop computers need warranty like 3 years or so? I just wonder since computers are really complicated they do run into problems in around 3 years or so. Like hard drive fails or motherboard doesn't work right, etc.

#1 Dallas Archer, Oct 29, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  2. Convoy

IDK, in general I think they're a waste of time since I never buy expensive machines and what I do have I can often fix myself. I build my own desktops + they're pretty easy to work on and laptops are like disposable to me. Once they're used up there really isn't much that can be done with them if you can't rip them apart to be used as some kind of secondary system.

3. Dallas Archer

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I was wondering is that I have a $300 notebook and a $400 desktop PCs and I can get squaretrade and get a 3 year warranty for $70 with accidental for my notebook and for 4 years for desktop without accidental for $80. But I just don't know if they will brake after those years or will computers get problems sooner than 3 years?