1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spreadsheet Fetish?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Siarad, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Siarad

As the title suggests ... As someone with Dyspraxia who used to be terrified of all things even vaguely logical in origin, I am now becoming more and more in love with spreadsheets the more I learn how to use them.

I am in the middle of designing an uber spreadsheet for the tracking of students' levels and every new trick I learn (including; hiding cell contents without hiding the cell, creating a major vlookup sheet, password protecting parts but not all of the sheet from alteration, etc) thrills me in ways I am almost afraid to admit!

Does anyone else have a spreadsheet fetish? And, if so, what are people's favourite spreadsheet tricks?

2. method

How uber geeky but I quite like using spreadsheets too! And I use it all the time at work which is cool. If you think vlookup is awesome, wait until you get the hang of index/match. And then when you've got tons of data to work through, pivot tables are pretty handy too.

3. Jessica79

[​IMG]

Never heard of this before hehe but whatever floats your boat :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. prism

The world needs people like you. I'm an Excel MASTER, but I would rather shoot myself in the face than keep my last job, where I stared at 10 spreadsheets at any given time on dual monitors.

In terms of "tricks," I always think about what the structure of the data filter will look like before creating a new spreadsheet. There's no point in logging data if you can't locate and manipulate it later.

5. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spreadhseets are awesome. Thank you for sharing the awesome love of spreadsheets. By deductive reasoning, I now love you.

6. Ticklish Fish

I took a class on how to use MS access, and have a book the discusses the disadvantages of using spreadsheets over database LOL.

and no, organizing data don't turn me on.

7. MyChemRomance

Spreadsheet fetish? Well, there's something you don't see daily unless you have one.:lol: Well, whatever you like is whatever you like I'm not judging. Seems pretty cool, actually.

8. Zodavva

Love spreadsheets.....wouldn't call it a fetish though :confused:

9. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The spreadsheet.
    It sure is a thing that exists.
    I couldn't care either way, but I prefer charts- it's fun to goof around with charts.
    Spreadsheets? Not so much- but I'd change my mind if I found a way to mess around with them!