1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YouTube Fell Down the Rabbit Hole...

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GirlWhoWaited, Nov 7, 2013.

1. GirlWhoWaited

...and into Crazyland. Anybody else completely hate the new format, comments, and mandatory Google+ crap? I really liked liking things... :tears:

2. Lucky Oshawott

I agree. I NEED a sense of organisation in my life; I really do hate change.

3. Yogaar2au

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Its crazy, I hate it.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it ain't broke, break it, then call it an update.

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hated YouTube since they started taking everything down and banning people over copyright. It's like the fight of good vs. evil, and unfortunately evil (YouTube) is winning.

6. Ruthven

lol right? I hate every update cause I'm used to the last screw up and then they go ahead and eff it up again! Does anyone remember when they took away the red part of the like/dislike bar? I liked red lightsabers. :icon_sad:

I'm so confused with the comments; how is every comment a top comment? Cause that's what it's telling me.

Why doesn't the thumbs up/down work on all comments? There's one comment on a vid that has thumbs up/down, and when I upvoted it, it told me I upvoted it publicly. That's real useful information right there. :thumbsup:

And I don't see a reply button anywhere; I don't use it or comment, but I would like to know where it is if it even exists anymore.

7. Skyline

Seems like an improvement to me. *shrug*
    I tend to like updates of any nature.

8. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I'm just a lurker on youtube, so I could really care less about the comment system now. I guess it may help rid the place of "hey guys would you please check out my channel.." shit.

9. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my gosh, its awful. You have to have all your notifications go through a mandatory google+ account. No google+, no commenting, no receiving notifications. It's completely dumb.

10. Geek

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    YouTube is seriously starting to annoy me. Due to subscriptions not working, I went from making around $400 a month off YouTube to about $30 a month. Removing video responses was stupid and pointless, and Google + Comments are stupid. It's like they're trying to make Google Plus and YouTube one website.

11. biggayguy

It's because Google bought YouTube. They want the YouTube money flowing to Google.

12. Hysteria

It's like everything with YouTube, each change they make is despised massively by pretty much everyone. They begin being optional and are then slowly integrated - people get used to it eventually and it doesn't seem as bad as it originally was.

13. Ridiculous

To be fair they've owned it for almost 8 years. It's not like they've swept in and fucked everything up straight away - most of the changes were pretty good up until the last year or two.

14. Inferno

Inferno Guest

In my opinion YouTube isn't YouTube anymore, it is GoogleTube. Google+ for comments and creating an account, let's think about that. Also another stupid thing GoogleTube has done is have the WORST copyright system ever. And then there is the 'YouTube music awards' notice how that is in quotation marks, reason being is that they have had no youtubers (except ERB) on the show. Since when did Nicki Minaj have a YouTube channel that she ran herself?

#14 Inferno, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2013
  15. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It sucks so bad it makes me so very sad.

16. Yogaar2au

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Nice rhyme. Couldn't have said it better myself. :grin:

17. Maxis

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What actually annoys me most is that you can't show the comment that another comment was in reply to. I like to read the discussions a lot in the comments and now it's way more tedious to do so.

What annoys me second most is the new whole top comments system.

Honestly, I have no idea what they were thinking when they made this update. They just removed/changed some useful and already working features.

18. Nyanko

It really did screw up. It looks really disorganized and messy in the comments section, rather than the cleaner look it had before this awful update.

I don't get why Google+ has to be shoved so far down our throats. I don't use it, it's not a necessity for me to have an account to watch videos, so it's only purpose is to be annoying.

lol I just clicked on "in reply to (user)" on a comment to see the previous comment and all it does is open a new tab with the same video.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't comment on the rest of it, but I think it's a pretty positive thing that people can't just comment without having a Google identity. I mean, obviously, people can falsify whatever they want, but if people want to drop hateful, inane or unproductive comments on a video, it means they have to at least have the motivation to create a fake account if they don't want their comments to go under their real name...

Anonymous posting is for cowards.

20. GirlWhoWaited

"This is no time to engage in the luxury of cooling off or to take the tranquilizing drug of gradualism." MLK Jr.

I say we revolt. :wink: