1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music Production

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by huehue, Nov 18, 2013.

1. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi guys!

I haven't found any posts on music production so I decided making one would be handy!

Does anyone here make music?

What type?

:slight_smile:

2. UndercoverGypsy

Right on, man. Just trying to get in to composition myself (classical/jazz improv on french horn, electronic/dubstep on computer, and when I get decent at guitar, rock/metal on that). The whole thing is insanely difficult though...

3. fulcrum

I have instruments that I play occasionally. Really want to get into it more seriously. :-D But only as a hobby. I can not see myself doing it professionally.

4. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

It's not as difficult as you think.I do music production for a living at the moment and I can guarantee dubstep etc... is just about the sounds! It is difficult but not as difficult as say Jazz..

5. UndercoverGypsy

For sure. I'm just getting the hang of Massive though, so I'm not all that advanced. The weirdest part of doing this stuff for me, due to how I was taught music - the good old-fashioned classical theory - is the lack of being able to bend the pitch by tones/semitones (at least in Massive, that is). I guess it gives more flexibility, though.

6. paranoidkid

EDM! Using Fl Studio! IDC what you guys say about Fl Studio! Remember the producer makes the music, not the program :slight_smile:. If anyone thinks FL Studio keeps you restricted think again! Why do so many producers who are famous use it? It actually has Thousands of hidden tool and effects you can use. ITs insane. Its very user friendly, and simple to learn. If I was to suggest a music program, FL Studio comes first on my list.

---------- Post added 21st Nov 2013 at 10:06 AM ----------

Hey man, go get a DAW. Play around with it. YouTube videos come in handy especially when u download them to you computer so u can use them when your not online. If you play an instrument, you are most likely to get hooked on the digital aspect of it. Who Knows you could be the next Avicii lol

7. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I come from a rock production background until about 3 years ago when I started using Logic Pro 9 and I tried FL studio.

As industry standard,you are better off going for Logic or Pro Tools, but I've got to say FL Studio just makes music production easy and its understandable so many people use it!

I think its great for EDM but I've learnt my craft in Logic/Ableton/Pro Tools,which are also great for audio (logic and pro tools are at least) so I stick with them!

8. UndercoverGypsy

Nah man, my distaste for FL isn't that it physically restricts you, but rather that it makes it tedious to work outside of its allotted time frame. That said, it works for a ton of people. It's probably my being a drummer and loving to cram fills and changes wherever I can, though.

9. paranoidkid

FL Studio is the shit man!

10. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love FL Studio and use it for everything I produce be it full-on electronic or a mixture of acoustic and electronical elements. The first time I tried out the program, it blew my mind away--and not in the good way. Everything looked way too complicated. But after I took a hiatus from it, I came back, and somehow was able to sit down and just learn little by little about what each little knobby thingamajigger did.

I mostly produce EDM (albeit more laidback) but just end up throwing out whatever I'm in the mood for. I'm aspiring to make it at least something of a career, but if not, I'm thoroughly content with it being a hobby... I think. =p I'm just happy with the cult following that's gradually growing on my YouTube and SoundCloud.