1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pacman

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by AtheistWorld, Nov 19, 2013.

1. AtheistWorld

AtheistWorld Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I was talking about Pacman with MrAllMonday and he mentioned getting a high score by reaching level 11. My score was level 14 or 15, achieved by playing incessantly on my GBA.

This raises an intriguing question: how many levels are there on Pacman? I kept awaiting for the game to end once I had passed level 12 and continued to advance, but the game went on and on. Is Pacman a limitless game? Does the number of levels exceed 100? What's the highest level you've reached?

2. if you are talking about the one in the arcade my friend reached the one it hits 255 and then you reach the bit limit it is an 8 bit machine program see not sure if you know programming but that is the highest number possible in and 8 bit machine with out fancy calculating and they did not want to do lots of stuff so the game ended

3. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my younger days, the orthodontist who did my braces had a Ms. Pac Man machine in her office. I got so good at that game and still have the first 6 levels on muscle memory. I walked into an Arby's this past summer and they had a machine, and I played it for about 45 minutes on one quarter.

4. only games I got that good at go MUCH farther back

Atari - I played the pinball game on it, I was so good at it I would play for hours and sack the extras up and get bored so I would hand the controller off to others and they would hand it back once they ran down to one, then I would get a whole bunch again

A friend of mine and I used to play Asteroids in an arcade we would plunk down $10 each and it would last us hours (may not sound like a lot now but in 1980 we were making $3.25 an hour)

my brother did missile command

5. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dad's favorite game of those days was Centipede. I remember playing a late-90's PC game based of the original arcade game, only it was all a story game where you had to save these villages from the evil centipede whose job it was to destroy all the villages and kill all the villagers or something like that. From Wikipedia:

6. My first actual programming job was to write a paint program for the IBM-PC for a company call DataSoft, first one outside of the operating system.

We had the arcade version of Centipede and we were allowed to take breaks and play it.

7. MrAllMonday

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Well it depends on what you mean by high score. I'm referring to the amounts of dots you eat.

Empty Closets - A safe online community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender people coming out - Arcade - Pacman - Highscores

As you can see I'm approximately 77,000.