1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any good game suggestions?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lukeluvznicki13, Nov 21, 2013.

1. lukeluvznicki13

So it has come to that time of the year again where I want to purchase some new games that I can play on my xbox and computer.

I'm just wanting some suggestions from you guys on what games I could purchase and try out, would love to hear from you :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    X-Com Enemy Unknown/Within - If you're planning to get this on 360 get Enemy Within Commander Edition as that gives you Unknown, the DLC and Within all in one (Within's the expansion). If you're going PC then you'll need Unknown in order to play Within, so your best bet is to wait for a Steam sale and pick them up then.

La Mulana - PC's your only option here (unless you've a Wii lying around). It's a Metroidvania done in an updated 16 bit style. Dark Souls levels of hard but you will decide you're Indiana Jones as you play. Also dat soundtrack:eusa_danc

System Shock 2 - Again PC only but despite it's age it is still one of the most masterfully crafted games ever made and you can make it all nice and shiny with mods. Essentially a more free form version of Bioshock but set on a space station for that Alien feel.

Braid - Choice of 360 or PC here. One man attempts to save his beloved by the means of platforming, jumping on enemies, jigsaw solving, puzzling and time manipulation. As much a love letter to ye olde platformers as a multi-layered tale of rescue, everybody has to play this even if it's just to gawp at how pretty it looks.

3. blond

Fallout 3 & new vegas are great. Also i know its an old game but mirrors edge is awesome and its kinda cheap.

4. Scarlet Me

Just started Assassins Creed Black Flag; it's gameplay is back to how it was in brotherhood and revelations on land, and definatly a lot more enjoyable as their last game, but playing at sea is a whole other level of awesomeness. It doesn't have that crowded city feeling with the other AC's, but if this was released as a stand alone pirate game I'd play it just as much.

5. Harve

Oh I'm watching a Let's Play of that because my computer can't run it and I have no monies... it seems very good but only different in setting and barely at all in gameplay compared to the AC2, despite that being four iterations ago. Is it not quite a stale series?

6. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

They've got 2 studios .Thats the reason you get Assassins Creed nearly every year.

They all started with AC1,then they just started AC2 and meanwhile were working on AC3.That's why they arent graphically so different.

On the other hand,I have all of the AC series,and by far the best ones are ACII and AC:Black Flag...

It's just another level of awesomeness.

7. UndercoverGypsy

Play Rogue Legacy, Braid, Bastion, and if you want to get addicted as hell, DotA.

8. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I think DOTA and laterally League are something you need friends for to get the most out of them. For me it's too much of a crap shoot team mate wise just solo queuing either game.

9. UndercoverGypsy

Hmm, I've heard a lot of people arguing that, but I've found the majority people I play with through solo-queuing. If you meet people through games, you don't have to try to get to someone's level quickly because you're already their level, and that's why they were matched up with you. That said, I haven't only played with strangers; I've played with one friend from the real world a couple of times (he's way better than me though) and I was first taught to play by another EC member.

10. Tyrael

Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag is absolutely brilliant. Sailing about doing pirate stuff is just too cool. Also Batman Arkham Origins if you're into that series it's very good also. Not much different from Arkham City but still good, and an interesting story.

11. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
  12. Saint Otaku

"The Witch's House" -- it's quick and simple, but very well done, creepy, and messed-up :slight_smile:

And it's freeeeee!!!!

13. staychill

staychill Guest

Definately either Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Those games are so addicting! Gta 5 is pretty awesome too.

14. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    If you're into arcade racing games, then I'd recommend Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. Serious amounts of fun to be had there.

15. Illusion

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It would probably help if we knew what sort of game genres you liked the most.

Uh, the most recent game I've played has been Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines.
    It's a pretty old game, so the graphics aren't the best ever, and it's only avaliable for PC but it's an awesome RPG. The combat system isn't exactly stellar either, but the story and the characters and the general feel of the game make it worth it.

16. CreativeBiscuit

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    xbox and PC? well Battlefield 4 for PC, GTAV is a must own for Xbox, FarCry3 either for PC or Xbox is pretty good as well with the Blood Dragon DLC

17. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I forgot all about this :eusa_doh:

18. Mhin

Dekaron :slight_smile:

19. Eevar

Along with the obligatory Skyrim, Fallout, (If youv not got these, get them on PC for the mods, and use nexus mods not the steam workshop for Skyrim), GTA, Mirrors Edge, I'll add a few of my recommendations.

Adventure RPG - The Longest Journey. Its quite old now, released 1999/2000 I believe, looks terrible, and I recommend a guide for the bit with the rubber duck. The story is amazing though. If you want a newer game, try its sequel Dreamfall: The Longest Journey (Rel 2006), though playing the first isn't necessary it will help a bit. Then you'll have to wait till November next year for the finale (I've been waiting 7 years for it).

Indie - Dwarf Fortress (get Masterwork) and have fun losing. "There is no internal end point, single goal, final Easter egg or "You Win!" announcement in Dwarf Fortress. Therefore, eventually, almost every fortress will fall. The only ones that don't tend to be very conservative and very boring—and what fun is that? Therefore, DF = losing ∧ DF = fun ⇒ losing = fun, and that's okay! It's a game philosophy, so embrace it, own it, and have fun with it!"

Also Indie - FTL Faster Than Light. I got addicted to this really quickly, and played it incessantly until I finally unlocked everything.

Space Sim - X3 which as a very steep learning curve, or Galaxy On Fire 2, which is easy once you get to grips with the controls.

RTS - its a bit old, but recently made its way onto Steam, Knights and Merchants Historical Edition. You'l want to google kamremake and get that for it unless your pc is more than 10 years old.

Racing - Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box. I like 3 racing games, this, Need For Speed Underground 2, and Mario Kart. I can't stand any of the others.

City Sim - Cities XL, not much to say here, unless you acquire SimCity through less than legal means, I'd recommend Cities XL

Trippy Action RPG - Psychonauts. Very underrated, and largely ignored at its release a few years back. I want to know what the devs where taking when they made this...it must have been good whatever it was.

Casual - Scribblenauts Unlimited. Although the accepted words can seem a bit limited at times, you can still get some humourous events to occur.

Want to see some decent water physics and dont mind a short game? Hydrophobia Prophecy. 4 hours long..ish, but has the best water physics I have ever seen in a game. These physics play a major role in the game as you will find out if you try it.

Action FPS - Metro 2033 / Metro Last Light. Quite atmospheric, and did well to pull me into its world. Not everyones cup of tea for sure, but personally I've found it to have replay value, I've played 2033 5 or 6 times since its release in 2010, and Last Light twice since its release earlier this year.

Want something similar to GTA but not GTA? Mefia 2 or Sleeping Dogs. I'd recommend Mafia 2 myself, as it covers multiple years, and you get to see things change throughout the game, such as new cars, the progression of fashion and such.

Aaaand I'll leave it there. I'm passionate about games, so could go on for hours.

20. Drago2012

Its a bit hard to suggest anything without know what are your favorite Genres.
    Ill try telling you of my favorites.
    MINECRAFT! lol, I'm a very creative person so I really love the creative side to the game, I've build very very big and awesome structures, like castles, pyramids, to a whole kingdom with it. The single player mode is fun, but once you do everything there is to do, unless you find friends to play with online, can get a bit boring.
    Portal 1 and 2(they were on sale on Steam two weeks ago for 6.50 for both), if you like puzzle games, then I highly recommend this game. The game is quite easy, specially the first one, but the puzzles are very creative and a lot of fun to play, and you can always make your own levels or play levels crated by other people online, some can be a real challenge. You can also attempt the co-op if you have a friend with the game.
    and if You like StarWars and RPG game I highly recommend Knights of the Old Republic and/or StarWars: The Old Republic MMO, its free to play and quite fun to go through the stories of each class.