1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommendations for ear-buds?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by VireBlaze, Nov 28, 2013.

1. VireBlaze

Having recently gotten a 3DS XL, I've found that the speakers are actually quieter than their original counter-part's. So I did some research to see if I could find any solutions, and the best one I could find was, basically, getting a pair of ear-buds.

So I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations towards some good ear-buds? Ones that are comfy, yet produce a lot of sound?

Sorry if I sound like I'm being picky - I don't know a lot about ear-buds, I just want to make sure I spend wisely. .w.

2. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If price is not a big issue, then I really like my Bowers & Wilkins C5, which I bought after hearing good reviews. They would be overkill for a handheld game, but they're great for music. The only other earbuds I have are the Apple ones. The most recent ones don't even fit my small ears, so they are useless.

3. starfish

4. VireBlaze

Oh, right - budget. <_>

Well, nothing too expensive, so I guess around the $20 - $110 market or so?

I kinda have my eye on these Sony earbuds.

I've heard they have some good sound to them, despite being $20. But not knowing much about the way of ear-buds, I'm kind of keeping my options open.

5. starfish

Oh then the Klipsch ones are right in the middle of that range. You can find them in the states for about $50.

I'll have to check when I get home, but I also have a pair of JVC earbuds. I bought them for $25 from the bestbuy vending machine, as I had forgotten mine on the way to a flight. For $25 they are pretty darn good. I still them was I am jogging in the rain or in the hot tub, so I don't ruin my Klipsch ones.

6. VireBlaze

I've heard some recommendations in the past regarding the JVC... Marshmallow earbuds, I believe? It's been a while since I've read the name, but I think that's what they were.

Also, BestBuy have vending machines? o-O That's cool. And that's smart... Hmm. having a back-up might also be a good idea.

7. Zodavva

I like the Sennheiser CX300 IIs. Cheap, but sound great imho. Just make sure you buy them from somewhere well known because the market is riddled with fakes (this goes for a lot of headphones)

8. Bast

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Bass Buds are pretty good, and you can find them cheaply on sites like Groupon. But they're about 80 bucks normally, so worth a look.

9. UndercoverGypsy

I made this same thread a couple months back, and this was the exact answer I got:

So I bought them, and they're absolutely amazing (although they broke really quickly, but I tear through headphones - planning on buying a new pair soon because I lost the box so the warranty won't work). They're cheap and really nice.

Right now though, since they're broken, I'm borrowing a pair of Musical Fidelity EB-50s, which are way out of the price range of an average person (borrowing them from an audiophile), but they're gorgeous. The mids are great, the lows thump, the highs ring out, all that nice stuff!

10. VireBlaze

Yeah, I remember reading something about there being fakes drifting out there? Is crazy. At this point, though, it seems like the only place I can find them online is amazon. <_> Bestbuy.COM does, but because of the ordering set-up, I can't send it here to Canada.

Hmmm... these do seem really nice. HMMMMMMM... I don't know if I want to get both, as that seems a little brash, but I don't know which one to get. They both seem reaaaaally good. @_@

11. Skyline

Gumy JVC HAF150B Headphones seem really cheap but the sound is great and they last for quite awhile.
    Ever since trying them I haven't wanted to use anything else.

12. nichison

Right now I'm using Skullcandy 2X's and I love them. Great sound and only 15-20 dollars.

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I recommend both Seinnheiser or Bose brands

14. starfish

Sennheiser makes some good stuff, hard to go wrong with them.

15. apostrophied

For what it's worth, my sister's Apple ones lasted quite a long time. I think she had the third generation ones. I had the second generation ones and they were pretty sturdy as well.

16. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All I can say is ...don't buy beats,

Sennheiser,akg,bose,audio technica,pioneer all the way.

From an audio geek.

17. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rarely splurge on things like earphones, but a year ago, I caved and got some Marleys. They're Midnight Ravers and badass as shit. They're almost fucking impossible to tangle. They're really quite durable. Before these guys I was going through a pair per week. Sound quality is pretty great, as Marley is a company that plays up with the big boys, but seeing as you're using it for your DS, I doubt that's your biggest priority. Sound is clear and loud though.

I use them for my 3DS from time to time as well, and during the seven odd hours of animal crossing I play with them, they're still comfy for me.

(The ravers are cool, but they've got better ones out now so yeah..)

18. biggayguy

The twenty dollar Sony's are just average. I'm also looking for a new pair.

19. deadmau5ftw

Sol Republics are AMAZING quality. They have earbuds and on ear headphones. They are on the expensive side, but they are well worth it. You can find them at best buy, apple, and on their website;Home - SOL REPUBLIC

20. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've had those exact ones for 2-3 years and am still currently using them. They do have great sound and bass for the price. I've always liked Sony's budget ear buds and is all I've had for the past several years. I've tried JVC and Skullcandy's but always return them and get Sony's, lol.