1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

need help with win 8

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by GivePeaceAChanc, Nov 30, 2013.

1. something installed chrome automatically and I can't get it off someone please help me

2. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

1)Take the mouse all the way to the bottom right corner like you do when powering off
    2) Click on the magnifying glass search icon
    3) search for google chrome
    4) right click on the google chrome icon when it appears and select "uninstall"

However, Google Chrome is a really great web browser, so you might want to try it out for a few days before uninstalling.

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Chrome is pretty awesome. :wink:

4. UndercoverGypsy

Personally I like Firefox more, but each to their own.

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try this:

[youtube]FVbf9tOGwno[/youtube]

6. see I used Chrome for quite a while

then my laptop blew up had to to a system restore - this causes Chrome to do something weird

I forget the technical term - you guys may remember it there is some place Chrome remembers all of your stuff some sort of header setup and there is no possible way of resetting it once it gets messed up it is gone - you can wipe it from you computer and download again but that does not fix it - even if you down load all new adobe and codec files it is wiped

see guy I am not a total idiot

I have worked in the field

a little background - I wrote the first paint program for the IBM PC (little company called DataSoft)

I have worked on a compiler for the defense industry

I have done database development much more

it is just that I have been out of the field for almost 20 years and am now just a user.

since Chrome won't work for me - I use Pale Moon - the smaller faster version of Firefox.

I even have 10 extensions added to customize it

7. GreenSkies

GreenSkies Guest

That is really impressive!
    I'm studying computer science now and hope to become a software engineer.

And don't worry about struggling with Windows 8 - It is definitely not set up intuitively. Let me know if my advice was able to help you with the uninstall.

8. I finally got that done, and knowing all of that extra stuff there was very helpful, each extra stuff I learn does help

it was worst with the older computer and I had to pay, I had a laptop I had to pay twice to get fixed - 3 times $1000 computer and $1200 in work finally just bought this replacement desktop and smashed the laptop with a hammer

each of the people who worked on it actually scammed me - one worked on it and then just left the computer without a display panel for 3 months and I had to use my TV until I could hire another person to complete the job.

I even lost a lot of data since it turned out none of my backups were good (I was making them every week) even the system image and restore disk I made were invalid

I had to copy everything of of them file by file and still lost stuff

all of this is part of why I am so angry at modern computing (that and going through a total of 10 smartphones in the past 2 years just to get to the one I have now)

9. UndercoverGypsy

Well you're definitely in the right place to be in the tech industry! Silicone valley's crazy.

I'd never heard of Pale Moon, but it looks interesting, especially the work they've done on CSS3.

Edit: As for Win8 itself, it's really quite a nice OS, it's just that Microsoft decided to make a big jump to a completely new interface, and most people don't want to put the time in to learn how to run it. Just takes a little getting used to, that's all.