1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rage Mode Activated. *boop*

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Inferno, Dec 1, 2013.

1. Inferno

Inferno Guest

So, the title is kinda silly, but this is because I want to know what people find infuriating about games.

My Rage Mode Activator (or RMA) is losing a disc to your favourite game of which you have 100%ed a few times.

SO...MUCH...RAGE!

:bang: :tantrum: :***:

2. Valkyrimon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Whilst not an in-game example, mine is that dumb look people give me when I answer the question "Xbox One or PS4?" with "Wii U". Pisses me off XD

3. Hysteria

Getting screwed over by lag. :wink:

4. games started getting complex - lag happened

I am autistic

I broke several controllers smashed a box - I won't play games anymore

5. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I play League of Legends. I'm a support player. I don't think I have to say anything else...

6. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This, and also what happens if you're Jungling...

For the most part, it's lag that's a really big peeve. It's not even the lag itself. It's the fact that, for me, games seem to know JUST the right time to stutter so it can mess me up as much as possible...

7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This but with DOTA. I've lost count of the amount of times I've made the correct decision and then been blamed when some idiot decides that he can charge straight into a tri-lane on his own and win.

Also the following DOTA related phrases will make me angry -

"We should initiate on Timbersaw at all times, doesn't matter that he has reactive armour, Shiva's Guard, Vanguard and a BKB, he'll melt anyway!"

*Abaddon pops Borrowed Time* "Keep hitting Abaddon!"

"Don't waste a silence on Invoker"

"I know we lost the mid rax but I took the safe lane Tier 1 tower, that's a perfect trade"

"Orchid is useless on Tinker"

"Riki's OP because he has permanent invis at lvl 6. No I will not buy Sentries, Dust or a Gem because that's beneath me."

8. Kreiger

When you save a second before you die.

9. Sarcastic Luck

Unhelpful coop teammates. Prime example: Left 4 Dead 1 and 2. It's not conductive to the team effort for one player to run ahead. Usually, it results in them getting their asses handed to them and us having to fight through the enemies to save them.

Unexpected crit kills. I've gotten back into Skyrim here lately and, more than I care to admit, an enemy will hit me with a critical that'll flat kill my character. Although, I suppose that it's my fault for running a mod that adds more characters wandering around and thusly more bandits.

10. TheMightyBoosh

The parts in games that seem impossible to do... My older brother and I both love gaming. We played a game a while back together called "Goof Troop" and we got stuck and didn't know what to do but was really simple. We went all the way back to discover we were in the room with the cannon we needed to use. We went exploring everywhere thinking we missed something.

Very frustrated. But was a good game. I find I get particularly annoyed when I experience the unexpected death situation. When I'm playing a game and some sneeky bugger creeps up and I'm completely oblivious to it... then I panic and die. I don't rage unless I have been playing too long and get frustrated. :slight_smile:

11. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I remember Goof Troop, pretty straight forward all told but still a damn good game. Come to think of it all of Capcom's Disney games from that era were solid gold.

I feel old now.

Another rage for me; when I'm playing Forza or similar and there's people who treat a multiplayer race as a glorified time trial to the point where they will not deviate from the racing line even to overtake. What they'll do is they'll bump you from behind and demand you let them through, if you spin out then it's your fault, if you spin out and take out other cars then it's your fault and a kick offence which everyone will agree to despite most of them not having seen it.

I know there's quite a lot of contact in motor sport but that's taking the mickey.

#11 GeeLee, Dec 1, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  12. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Something I just ended up remembering:

When I play Mario Kart (or any game like MK) and get blasted away by ten thousand items when I'm a centimeter behind the finish line, knocking me from 1st to 8th place within three seconds. T_T

AND BLUE SHELLS!

13. TheMightyBoosh

I know! :grin: Hate those blue shells so much when I'm on the receiving end, especially when your almost at the end of the finishing line and when on the Mushroom Gorge level and people try knock you of the mushroooms----- when on Rainbow Road you get knocked of :eusa_doh: :lol[​IMG]