1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World of Warcraft into 2014!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Spitfire71, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Spitfire71

New expansion announced, and no thread about it?! Blasphemy!

- Level 100, visiting Draenor before it was destroyed (pre-BC)!
    - Instanced and upgradeable player housing/castle town.
    - New updated character models for all the old clunky races!
    - Number squish (no more 500k HP), and adaptive gear that changes with your spec!
    - Free character boost to Level 90!

Is anyone still addicted to this game? People are claiming it's becoming too easy/too casual, but I can see their philosophy of wanting to play the game for fun, not working to play the game. I for one have high hopes for Warlords of Draenor, even with other games like WildStar on the horizon. I don't think I can ever quit WoW "for good".

2. Tim

Tim

Rather large complaint with WoD announcements under spoiler. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I actually quit over the new models. According to MMO-Champion, Tom Chilton said they don't intend to offer free re-customizations to people.

Which means if your character doesn't look right to you after it gets upgraded to the new models, you have to pay $15 per character to try to fix it.

I understand they're trying to keep the same general feel of a face when updating it, but it'll never have that same essence, and should really be left up to us to decide, not Blizzard, which I see a lot of people campaigning about. Subscription ran out a couple weeks ago, and unless they change their mind, don't intend to re-start. I play it as stress relief, so seeing a character I used to love look nothing like what I intended them to won't help with that. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Also, one other thing really bothers me:

The entire focus of the expansion is Orcs. Not Horde Orcs, I know, but Orcs. Orcs are still a Horde race, even if these particular Orcs aren't in the Horde. Would it kill them to give Alliance focus? I mean, we don't even kill Garrosh in Mists, which was advertised from the get-go. Plus, Velen, the Draenei Leader, and Greymane, the Worgen leader are no where to be seen in Siege of Orgrimmar. In fact, there's no Draenei or Worgen at all in the entire raid.

Not only that, the Horde are going to have a better experience in WoD. Why? Orcs are one of the first models being updated. Which means all of their questgivers, which will be Frostwolf Orcs, will look amazing.

The Alliance? All of our questgivers will be the Draenei from Shadowmoon Valley. Draenei are one of the last 2 races to be updated. If they honestly intend for Draenei to be a huge part of WoD, they should be given priority on a model update over classic races.

The one thing that shocked me in the announcement of WoD is the announcement of Yrel, a female Draenei lore figure. Because A. Blizzard ignores the Draenei. The fact they have an expansion where they'll be a decent focus (even if not the main one), is shocking. and B. Blizzard shies away from female lore figures. I mean, we have Sylvanas, Jaina, Tyrande, and Moira pretty much. There's Azshara, but she's evil. There's also Aysa... but Blizzard said they won't explain what happened with Aysa and Ji. We're apparently supposed to assume they left the Alliance and Horde and went back to the Wandering Isle.

Also: There's only 6 new dungeons. Really? Did they not learn their lesson with Mists of Pandaria? Casual players like dungeons. We don't like hand-me-down raids in the form of LFR. There's less dungeons in WoD than there are in MoP at max level. (counting the updated vanilla dungeons)

There's only going to be 3 dungeons you can do from level 90-100 as well. 4 dungeons weren't enough for 85-90, and Blizzard admitted that, and changed the 2 max-level only dungeons to be 88, so we ended up with 6 for the level range.

I just don't see WoD being good for Blizzard. They seem to have backtracked from their knowledge that the casual base is the controlling factor in their subscriptions, and are doing everything in their power to chase them away, despite their own numbers saying the casual base makes up over 95% of players.

I'm sure they'll change their mind on not letting people fix their models by the time the expansion launches though. And it wouldn't surprise me if in a few months they announced all dungeons will be available from 90-100, rather than just 3. Wouldn't even surprise me if they announced a few more dungeons. Just based on the forums, they've already lost a couple thousands of active forum posters from their announcement. It's a matter of how much they lose before they realize they were wrong and fix it, like they did with Mists. I don't think they'll ever recover from chasing away 2 million subscribers by making the game extremely alt-unfriendly in Mists. Like, when they started making changes to make it easier on alt players, you could just FEEL the anxiety and freak out exuding from the hotfix notes.

#2 Tim, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. lukeluvznicki13

I quit WOW. I started finding it boring. I usually try different online RPGs and I play swtor at the moment x]

4. monotone

I still have half a month of subscription active, but I'm not playing.

5. RocketMoose27

I've been playing since WoTLK, but I quit recently due to how boring it got for me. But hey, I might give this expansion a try if it's "OMG GUISE U GOTTA PLAI DIS" material!

6. alliie

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I quit in TBC, and I believe it's got much more 'accessible' but I personally kind of liked that it took effort and concentration to progress at endgame. I think I might get the new expansion and see what I think :slight_smile:

7. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Been playing since 2007, I still love the game even though it has changed a lot. I can't wait for the new expansion!