1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amazon Prime Air (DRONES!)

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Spitfire71, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Spitfire71

2. Tim

Tim

I can see it now.

"Man killed by falling book from Amazon Drone."

Or the amount of people who will shoot down the drones to steal the stuff.

3. Spitfire71

4. only saw pictures yesterday , no video, someone remarked look like a barbeque

do you have any idea, are these things self controlled or is there an operator?

and next worst idea, when do the police get the armed ones

5. mermaid

Are you kidding me???
    No, it's not the first of April today. I couldn't believe this is actually true but it seems to be if you look at the Amazon homepage.
    Kate, I think that you better stayed away from stuff like this :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: ( having read your other thread about your failing technical equipment :slight_smile: )

6. no way I would order using this I am positive this thing would crash into my apartment on purpose trying to kill me

things I fear most

cars that are going to drive themselves, computers that run themselves , anything that does

7. mermaid

No, I would not like to try this neither and I don't believe that these things are going to be used for delivery in near future at least where I'm living.
    Yeah, I do understand you. :grin:

8. Xirahii

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anything that runs on its own accord is probably not the best idea... Especially if you're going to rely on them to deliver packages. I thought the idea was pretty cool, and technology is great, but I think depending on it that much is asking for problems.

9. yeah well the airforce is doing it and with things that can carry bombs and really dangerous stuff
    Drone fighter jet squadrons may be hitting the skies in a not so distant future.

Boeing announced this week the successful first test flight of an F-16 Fighting Falcon fighter jet modified with unmanned control technology -- essentially turning it into a drone.

The QF-16 program takes retired F-16 jets and turns them into drones to work as advanced aerial targets in fighter jet pilot training. Without a pilot in the cockpit, Boeing's fighter jet took off by itself, flew from a Florida base to the Gulf of Mexico at supersonic speeds, and then landed itself.
    Air Force achieves drone fighter jet first with F-16 Fighting Falcon | Fox News

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd be really, really scared if one of those things got anywhere near my house. I know a lot of people, and this I can understand, that if they saw a police drone near their place, they'd grab a shotgun and a ski mask and take care of that sucker.

#10 AwesomGaytheist, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  11. apostrophied

So what's going to happen to all the delivery people who will lose their jobs? Not to mention that I'd be terrified of one of these things hitting me in the face... =/

It seems to me like this is just technology for technology's sake and not much else.