1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Last of Us

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by FreeFlow9917, Dec 11, 2013.

1. FreeFlow9917

So o.k. i bought this game for 25 dollars and it is freakin amazing, ive beat it twice and the storyline is phenomenal and the characters are to detail. They even add a gay side character. This is one of my favorite games of all time right now besides crash bandicoot. Naughty Dog has outdone themselves this time, hell i even plan to buy dlc for the first time for the game. And this is my fourth year having a ps3

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2013 at 06:32 PM ----------

Excuse me buy dlc first time ever

2. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhwha??? I never met any gay side characters. Or if I did, I don't remember them. What's the name? In spoiler tags if you must.

3. FreeFlow9917

bill, its never said, just inferred, you find out after you find out ellie grabs the guys dirty magazine and she looks at it in the truck. Also the hints when you get the truck, he'll say he was his partner, never said friend

---------- Post added 11th Dec 2013 at 08:50 PM ----------

the guy who hung himself in the house, frank.

4. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, right. Forgot about him because he was such a douche. XD

5. sharkpool

I really liked this game too. however, i fail to understand why people praise the end so much. To me, the ending was pretty obvious since the beginning. There was no unexpected twist for me :/

6. Red ribbon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    never noticed the gay side character. Makes me like the game even more! i hope they make a second one

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't think people praised the end. I don't mind that it was predictable, because it was supposed to represent the completion of Joel's character arc from jaded criminal to father figure who would doom the human race for his adopted daughter. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that he lied to Ellie "for her own good" and that that was the end of the game, meaning I couldn't play anymore XD.

8. CharlieHK

CharlieHK Guest

I really enjoyed the story. It was great because Joel's character was flawed. He wasn't a hero. In the end he did what any father would do, he protected his own, at the cost of the world.

Also, dear god, the soundtrack was perfect.

9. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I didn't like the last of us. It's aggressively cynical and pessimistic. That bothered me to no end well I was playing it. Gameplay was rather nice though (some exceptions apply) and I really enjoyed the chapter you played as Elly.

10. Oxelotl

I loved Last of Us. Very few stories am I so immersed, and there were times where I was legitimately scared I was going to die even though...there's checkpoints I shouldn't be. And the soundtrack was perfect and the cinematics and everything.

11. thesimpleguy

I think is one of the best games/story ever written, the characters are well developed, their actions are real, their choices and evolution are real... the apocalypse subject is well developed too, I really liked that it's not the same as the usual stories, and the characters were more horrified by something else, and that means a lot... the military forces are questioned in this game, because they are aggressive, killers and that's how they are in real life. There's a lot of this game that talks about the real world, how it seem to be normal, but it's falling apart. The last thing to say is that this is the result of getting movies and games together.

12. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    I liked the end, its controversial, it leaves you in a gray area... Because first thing i thinked was "oh, he killed a bunch of soldiers from the fireflies, ruined the hope of a cure and betrayed ellie desire. And even lied to her.

But then i began thinking: was the cure really ruined? Isnt there other way? And what garantee do we have that extracting the thing from ellie(thus killing her) was going to lead to a cure?

And what would happen after that? The humanity would go from facing danger of zombies and simultaniously fighting each other, killing innocent people in order to take their belongins, violent armies, wars between groups... To facing new dangers, fighting each other, killing innocent people in wars between groups?

I think yes, still is good idea to find a cure, but maybe sacrificing a innocent child with a step parent is not the best beginning for humanity...

This was my second thought, then i returned to my first thought, and then i went back and fort from one to the other...

And i had a weird sensation for many days

---------- Post added 9th Jan 2014 at 02:48 AM ----------

Yes!, this should become a new artform, it could be called inmersive-interactive-cinema... Games with good story and movie like graphics arent as direct as normal movies, as you are interrupted by the sequences where you actually play and probably die multiple times, but on th eohter hand they reward you with the feeling of you being who moves the story forward with your effort by playing, and by playing you have to spend more time, and more time spent, specialy when you have to do something more than watching, means more attachment.

By the end you actually care a lot about the story, after all the surprises, discoveries, acheivements, victories, defeats you lived along its characters.

13. Black Swan

I want to play this game so much but I don't have ps3. sob.

Hopefully when it's an old game they'll release it on Steam or something as a classic then I can play! :slight_smile:

14. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

I liked it. Generally I'm not a fan of zombie themed stuff but Last of Us kept my interest mostly through it's immerse storytelling. I was more in it to find out what happens next instead of the actual gameplay. Usually I like a healthier balance of fun gameplay and interesting story but the last of us pulled it off. Solid game, didn't find it amazing but a worthwhile experience all around