1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with WAMP

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by QWERTz, Dec 22, 2013.

1. QWERTz

QWERTz Guest

so a few days ago, the HDD with my server package and OS stopped working. had to reinstall windows but i didn't want to have to compile my code again because my server is a little unstable at the moment. installed WAMP but as soon as it installed, a windows error popped up saying that the software wasn't working. uninstalled and reinstalled to C:/wamp but it still won't start up.

any thoughts on what's causing this?

and yes i know i should have kept backups but i don't have the resources to do so.

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    WAMP just means Windows-Apache-MySQL-PHP. It's a web development stack. What part of it is not working? I would work all the way through the basics. Is the database server running? Is Apache listening to the addresses and ports it needs to be? Does it have the permissions to access the files at your web root? Is PHP working correctly?

Since you reinstalled it, you may have to point it at all your stuff again (i.e. the web content root, give it the database passphrase, etc)

3. QWERTz

QWERTz Guest

after the fresh windows install i installed the WAMP package. it installs but it will not start.

4. QWERTz

QWERTz Guest

nevermind XAMPP works.