1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which [console(s)] should I get?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Drago2012, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Drago2012

So, now that taxes are coming, I'm planning on getting a next gen console. My question being, which should I get? I've always had a Nintendo console. I've owned every single one (with the sole exception of the Virtual Boy) and I'm unsure of the WiiU, at least for now, I really want to have it, once The New Smash Bros comes out, but IDK if I should wait, or get it now?
    And then there is the dilemma of PS4 vs XBOX1, I really like what I've seen from Titan Fall, the game looks EPIC! and I haven't seen any PS4 games that seem to call my attention, but then again it's Sony, and PS2 and 3 did fantastically well in their respective generations.... I do feel more inclined towards XBox1, but the price is a lot higher as well.
    The specs are almost the same, so what can you guys tell me? Anyone out there with both consoles that can tell me from their experience which are they enjoying better?

2. welshboy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Get the ps4 I've got both ps4 and one and the ps is better

3. Drago2012

Well, I was hoping that I could have a more detailed explanation... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4. Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes Guest

If you like Nintendo then I would go with them. I know everyone is riding the PS4/XB1 bandwagon right now, but it will be a while before they get any AAA games. Wii U already has a nice handful of great games. Super Mario 3D World was probably the most fun I have ever had playing Mario. Then you have Pikmin, Wonderful 101, Lego City Undercover, Wind Waker HD, and yeah, this year we will probably get both Smash bros, and Mario Kart 8 along with X and Bayonetta 2. Next year will probably see a new Zelda too. :icon_bigg

5. Drago2012

SM3DW compared to SMG2, which one would you say is more fun? I suppose 3DW has an advantage for being Multiplayer, but I thoroughly enjoyed SMG2.
    I hope Nintendo makes a Zelda like the Demo they did for E3 a few years ago.

6. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Wait until this Christmas (because there will be a price drop by then); see what exclusives you like the look of and see how multi format games run on each console.

Get the one with the most exclusives you like the look of and that runs multi format stuff the best.

7. RisingSun

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well since you're going to buy a Wii U sooner or later, why wait? There are a lot of great games to keep you busy till Smash Bros comes out and 2014 seems to the year where the Wii U finally gets to shine with Smash, X, Donkey Kong, Bayo 2 and plenty of others. You seem to like Nintendo games a lot so you can't really go wrong with Wii U :slight_smile:

8. huehue

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It depends on what games you want.

If you want God of War (amazing),Gran Turismo,and so many other "next gen" style games,I would go for PS4.

It just seems more complete than the XBox to me...And the fact that the XBox tried to sell out all us Xbox owners in their presentation and had to go back and change things only to make cash out of the people who weren't going to buy their console anymore...

I've had xbox and ps3 all my life, and I would go with ps4...
    Better hardware,and I prefer the exclusives!

If you want Mario and all that though,wait for the Wii U :slight_smile: