1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WildStar

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Deaderpool2, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Deaderpool2

Anyone seen the adds for this game? it looks like somone has taken the tropes of fantasy and scifi and given it the terry pratchet touch to make it into an MMORPG. i really like the look of it, the races look interesting and the different paths you can take to decide what you want to do look interesting too. does anyone know if it has a release date yet?

Dominion Races
    [YOUTUBE]CU2iaOA3Kno[/YOUTUBE]

Exile Races
    [YOUTUBE]k-Zay7Rr1uE[/YOUTUBE]

Extra races
    [YOUTUBE]6t0mgu0_i3c[/YOUTUBE]

Path Trailer
    [YOUTUBE]sus2VLplj5k[/YOUTUBE]

2. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been following it form the start. It's a cute little game. I think I might end up liking or hating the path system. The idea is gold, but I am worried that the execution isn't going to follow through on the idea.

3. Deaderpool2

yeah, i might check the beta testing videos on youtube, they should give an early idea on what its like. would be a shame if its another mmo that doesnt deliver what it advertises.

4. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I am really hoping that the settler path lets you play the game as a social class. After WoW, many mmos have had a hard time maintaining their social ecosystem.

5. Deaderpool2

see im interested in the settler path too: fighting, looting and exploring have all been done so many times i want to see how this fits into an mmo. what race would you bee? it would be interesting to see if your race determines what the structures you build look like. i think id be a chua spellshooter or mechari engineer.

6. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was thinking maybe I'd play an Aurin esper because I like their tails. A Chua engineer could be fun too. I have to agree about fighting. It is so bloody common in mmos. Well mmos these days. A lot of older mmos would put a lot of effort into non combat content. SWG had most of it's classes as non combat classes. You tend not to see mmos like that made now a days. They are oddly enough becoming more and more combat focused with faster more intense combat. It's not the best direction I think. Part of why I was De-hyped in wildstar was the realization they where going to do nothing to buck or reverse the trend.

I could talk for hours and hours about mmos in general. They are the most perplexing genre of games.

7. CherryCandles

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Been following the dev talks for a while, nice to see they've got a good sense of humour!
    Aside from that I've been waiting for a possible beta invite but to no avail, hope to give it a try but I don't know many others that would hook up to play it too.

8. Sparkeeee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    They have been making quite a lot of progress on this game now and will be out in the beginning of June. I for one have already pre ordered it.

Think ill end up playing a chua medic

9. Wells

Wells Guest

Looks okay I guess.. But I don't play them sorta games on computer