1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AC 4 : Black Flag

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by lukeluvznicki13, Jan 18, 2014.

1. lukeluvznicki13

Hi guys :slight_smile:

So for Christmas I got black flag and I absolutely love it!

Is there anyone else here that plays black flag?
    What do you think of it?

2. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want it but I don't have the cash...although the premise of it worries me. They've gone from Assassin in the crusades and gradually shifted to pirates. People LIKE pirates. That worries me. I've already seen far too many people ask 'Why don't we have AC set in Japan! NINJAS BRO!'...and I just don't want that to happen...

3. Fourth Gate

People really enjoyed the boat part in AC3 so it doesn't surprise me that they make a game around that feature.

4. ManchesterJbre

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was going to get it but AC3 let me down... I don't know why it just seemed really different from previous games and didn't interest me as much I would of liked it to. I might give AC: Black Flag a try though if I have some spare cash lying around though :grin:

5. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the problem with AC3 was it introduced so many different weapons and NONE of them were remotely interesting or useful...can I still slaughter the entire world with nothing but my wrist blades? Yes I can. Can I take out that single guy with a rifle shot or an arrow? Yes I can. Who needs the rest...

6. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I got it and I'm really enjoying it. I think the problem with AC3 was that who ever the voice actor was was really dull, I did enjoy the game though. Black flag is fun, the character is interesting, and even though there is a lot of focus on the pirate aspect I feel like they managed to combine it with the assassin aspect well.

7. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love AC4, I think it's better than AC3 in many different aspects.

8. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I played some of it at a friends house. It was fun. Though I think I was more impressed at the tech then I was enjoying the gameplay.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I played it and it is great . I didn't finish and my cousin got it and he let me play I got stuck at the part with the other assassins

10. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The part when you have to sneak onto their island and aren't allowed to kill them? That is how far I made it too.

11. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a ps4 and ps3 but seem to lack the disposable cash for the game.

:tears:

12. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I must disagree. Feudal Japan is a superb setting for assassins. The fact that ninjas are much more prominent in people's minds than hashashin doesn't mean we should discredit it for a premise.

That said though, AC4 looks dead sexy. I've unfortunately only ever watched it in in action, but it appears to be better than 3 gameplay wise, and also has pretty sweet naval action. It doesn't quite measure up to Age of Pirates in my opinion (which DESPERATELY needs either another sequel or a reboot) but is a step in the right direction.

13. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I must disagree. Feudal Japan is a superb setting for assassins. The fact that ninjas are much more prominent in people's minds than hashashin doesn't mean we should discredit it for a premise."

Don't misunderstand me, I would LOVE, absolutely ADORE to see a properly executed assassin game in feudal Japan, I just don't for a moment imagine that it will be done. A lot of the games mechanics work for it, and a lot more don't. I think half my problem admittedly is that I know far more about the ins and outs of feudal Japan than I do say, colonial America or Italy, so I am 1000 times more likely to just sit there and within 10 minutes scream about how wrong it all is.

Having said that, if anybody WAS going to do a decent job of it, I think it would be the AC guys because it seems their research is pretty good for most things. I just dread turning on AC5 and seeing this god damn black-clad ninja stereotype HIII-YAAAing his way across feudal Japan like it's the most natural thing in the world...

14. Oxelotl

I thought ACIV was brilliant! On a technical scale I'm very impressed, and the gameplay itself is plain fun. I think how they integrated pirates into the genre was pretty good, and the naval gameplay is just as awesomely fun.

15. Oddish

Oddish Guest

The missions in AC4 are, in my opinion, the best in the series. There's more to do and explore, and I prefer the setting compared to the American Revolution era in AC3. The gameplay is brilliant. :grin: I also thought Connor was kind of a bland protagonist, and I much prefer Edward.

16. Mlpguy88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This era seems to be what people are hoping for. I know there is something in the modern day portion that gives a list of the areas they hope to explore, I want to say feudal Japan is on there, but I'll have to recheck. But I also heard the game director say that the time period might be too simple and obvious for the future game so who knows really

17. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just don't want to see what was a really excellent game series turn into a massively pathetic ninja-stereotype game...

18. Fourth Gate

I'm happy that they aren't going for feudal japan with AC. What made this game so unique in my opinion is the timeline you play in. I lift my hat to them for this whole pirate theme, while it might have came out of nowhere, it's unique and has it's own style.

19. lukeluvznicki13

OMG I was stuck on that for 4 days x.x

20. danball7

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What I really want to see is one set in Victorian London. All those closely set, higgledy-piggledy houses and bridge would be great for parkour, it would feel like you were back in Florence again :slight_smile: Spring-heeled Jack as protagonist, because he was famously awesome at jumping around buildings. Maybe Jack the Ripper as antagonist - the women he killed were all assassins? There were all sorts of awesome crooks in Vic's London and you could bring in the Frontier and naval aspect with the British countryside and Britain's famous navy. Plus the opportunity to expand out into France, India, Australia... I'm telling you, Victorian London is THE place to go for the AC Series.