1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your first phone? Suggestions for a new phone?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by puppy1000, Jan 18, 2014.

1. puppy1000

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    My first phone was the Lg Optimus T. At that time I thought it was the coolest thing ever which I got like 3 years ago. Well now that I have a job I can afford my own things and I want to buy a new phone! What is a good mid range budget phone? Smoothness, sleek design, camera, audio, somewhat large screen size, wifi-calling, good storage is important to me.

Here are some that I am considering:

Samsung galaxy s3 LTE
    LG optimus F6
    Google nexus 5

2. RainbowMan

Hehe, I guess I'm going to show my age here.

My first (cell) phone was a Motorola StarTAC. Good little thing :slight_smile: Didn't do much except make and receive calls (how I miss those days.....)

These days, I don't talk much on the phone at all. I text and use data, so I have a phone optimized for that. Currently, I'm using a Nexus 4. I'd like to replace that with the Nexus 5 soonish, as soon as I have some cash :slight_smile:

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    God... A Motorola razr from like 2005.

Right now I'm using a Samsung galaxy note 3 and love it. Hate apples defective products, they have steadily gotten worse and more unreliable since the 4.

4. KazTastic

I think the Nexus 5 is a good choice.

My first phone was a Nokia 3315 (one of those infamous unbreakable phones), sadly it got stolen from my backpack. I have a Galaxy S3 at the moment, it's alright, but I had to mod it to make it useful.

5. lukeluvznicki13

My first phone was a Nokia brick (the phone that never breaks)

Now I have the Galaxy S4 and I absolutely love it! I have had no problems at all with it and I really suggest going for any Android devices (but well known ones like HTC, Samsung, LG and Song )

6. Emulator

I used a feature phone from time to time (but didn't own it). My first phone was an LG-E510 - rather too limited on storage I'd say. Those phones you're considering are pretty good. :slight_smile: Never used any of them before, but I heard positive reviews about them.

7. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well...the first phone that was mine to use was a wall phone that looked sort of like this yellow wall phone:

554 - Harvest Gold - Oldphoneworks

Boy...I'm showing my age...

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2014 at 04:52 AM ----------

My first cell phone was (and is) a rock bottom RadioShack twenty dollar Nokia.

---------- Post added 19th Jan 2014 at 04:54 AM ----------

As for which phone to buy...

I don't know the ins and outs of the above models. But the one that I'd start looking at is the Nexus. From what I hear, it is a more pure Android. And some suggest the Nexus line will have better support into the future.

8. Xochipilli

[​IMG]

My first phone? Omg. This thing.
    I got it my first year of highschool, before everyone and their dog had cellphones.
    I thought it was the coolest thing ever. It was a basic bitch of a phone.

Anyway, have you seen the HTC One? My brother has it and it's a pretty snazzy piece of tech.

9. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    8210 got it when I was in 3rd year high school. :grin:

10. itsonlyrelative

My first phone was this embarrassing bad boy. I called it the "Ogre". It was supposed to only be able to call four numbers that my parents preset into my phone, but I had the password to preset numbers, so I could change the numbers when ever I wanted at least. I got this when I was in 5th grade so I could call my parents to pick me up from places, but that was about all I used it for. Probably the ugliest phone ever

[​IMG]

11. That1Guy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The first phone I had was a prepaid one, some LG flip phone with virgin mobile. Then a motorola razr, and finally an iPhone 4.

Anyways, i'd recommend an iPhone 5S or a HTC One. There are a lot of other good phones out there though and it comes down to personal preference a lot of the time.

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Samsung Galaxy Q. Buggy as all hell, let me tell you. The camera crashed every time I took a photo or two, it would often freeze up, and had weird-ass hot keys that I kept accidentally activating. Reaching the end of it's life span, the screen would turn green every time I flipped out the keyboard. Before I swapped it in, the power button, as well as one of the volume clickers were totally busted. :grin: All in all, it was totally badass.

13. Colours

Iirc my first was a Siemens but I never really used it and thus didn't have it for too long. My first actual phone, that I did use, was an alcatel OT 332. :slight_smile:

[​IMG]

I thought it was pretty cool, and still do tbh.

14. Ruprect

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My first phone was just branded AT&T although I think it was a Nokia because it was indestructible. After that I had a nokia, several razrs, a galaxy s, an iPhone 4 and currently an HTC one which is pretty sweet. I will never have another Apple product though as I hate the iTunes ecosystem.

I recommend the One.

#14 Ruprect, Jan 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  15. lookslikelily

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My first phone was an AT&T flip phone. Don't even remember the model name, but I'm pretty sure it was a Motorola.

Since then, I've had quite a few different phones, none really of note due to being on my family's plan, but I got the Samsung Galaxy S3 in my most recent upgrade and it's awesome. I managed to be a derp and crack the screen a little bit because I don't have a case for it, but it's a super awesome phone, and I'd highly recommend it.

To be honest though, my friend works as a Verizon customer rep and the only phone he's had a beef about is any of the Windows phones, so just be wary of those.

16. Sal

Sal Guest

I hate phones, Don't know why but I do. My mother kept trying to talk me into getting one and even though she had valid points for why I should have one, I just didn't want one. But during freshmen year my iPod broke and when I went to go buy a new one she talked me into getting a iPhone. Over 700 songs, yet only two contact. Sometimes I forget it's even a phone.

17. kem

kem

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyone remember that snake game on the first generation smart phones?

19. mine was the nokia with all the buttons joined together lol.

i havent read replys but everyone with iphones i know says they wished they hadnt got it as it doesnt stay charged for long. i have a galaxy so id say go with that lol, its done me well so far and does what i need ti to plus its not expensive so it suits me fine lol.

20. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I started the texting career with a galaxy S1.
    Fairly nice and it's an indestructible brick.
    I still use it. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: