1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Witcher 2?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by SongshiQuan, Jan 31, 2014.

1. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Has anyone else played this game? I'm only on the Chapter 1 Boss Fight. I really like this game, but sometimes it breaks my heart/makes me cry angry, angry tears. However, the story is amazing and I love the monsters in the game. So...opinions?

2. Nikky DoUrden

The Witcher series is at the moment the best RPG games of this era, I put them even higher than Skyrim and Dragon Age! :grin:
    I like the decision part of the game, thats what makes the witcher what it is!
    The first boss I remember was annoying, took me some time... but hell was it just a cool fight!!

They are also making Witcher 3, coming this year maybe.. there is a trailer already

Why u only play it NOW though?! why wait so long :grin:

[YOUTUBE]c0i88t0Kacs[/YOUTUBE]

3. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got it in November for xbox 360 because xbox live had a sale on it. It is an awesome game, it's just super glitchy. So I put it down for a long time because I got frustrated with it.(i.e. able to break a lot of side quests). But I recently picked it back up because I love the story and game world. I just wish a different developer had tackled this project. Maybe they'll have toned down the glitchfest in Witcher 3. Don't get me wrong though, I like the concept and combat is really fun. I also love how in conversations rather than just the usual Persuade or Intimidate I get the option to Jedi Mind Trick people. Hell yes.

4. Nikky DoUrden

What glitches ur talking about? and have u updated the game?
    maybe its just bugs that happen in the xbox though, not sure... i played on PC ^^
    I guess u can't download mods as well, there are quiet a few!

and ye the jedi trick is nice hehe
    it could use more development on this side I think, because u can't fail it unless on certain NPCs which have stronger will or something like that. maybe in the next game they'll have numbers attached to how strong your persuation is etc

5. SongshiQuan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's mainly with side quests. Like I found the ship captain's letter and then went into Flotsam and talked to the guy with the royal postbox. I never read the captain's letter and just looked in the post box. The quest updated and it was like "look for more wrecks upriver" I was then looking through my books/notes and read his letter(well the description of his sealed letter) and the quest reverted back to "find a royal postbox". I went back to the postmaster/notice board guy's house and tried to activate the postbox and can't. It seems i'm stuck on a step I already did for that quest. It happened with the Ostmurk too, because I found the Ostmurk and made Mongoose before getting the actual quest. So now I don't know if I can obtain the XP from the these two quests.

---------- Post added 31st Jan 2014 at 04:18 PM ----------

P.S. I know the Xbox version is supposed to be equivalent with the Enhanced Edition for the PC.

6. Mysz

It's a gorgeous game with a wonderful story and side-quests that should win the gaming equivalent of an Oscar for their level of depth. It would be nice if CDProjekt could be more fluid with romance options, like Bioware is doing for its games. Also, all of the women (mildly important to very) looked too similar and stereotypical by way of body type and makeup.
    The best part is you can get mods that will help you breeze through fights, so you can explore the hundreds of different possible outcomes. 9/10.
    It also wasn't too hard on my PC, and the opening cinematic that plays every time you start the game is AMAZING.

7. Nikky DoUrden

They are also not greedy unlike other big companies we know about *cough* blizzard bethesda *cought*

the enhanced edition was a big content released for FREE, no DLC!

they also released this video in celebration of it :
    (yep, they made entirely new video to promote a NEW FREE content)

[YOUTUBE]WwCXw8m0PHI[/YOUTUBE]

8. Sarah257

I got it a few moths ago. It's pretty good, although it can be somewhat frustrating at times when you play on the hardest mode...without leveling up...

Seriously, the end gets to be almost impossible if you do that.

9. Sarah257

I got it a few moths ago. It's pretty good, although it can be somewhat frustrating at times when you play on the hardest mode...without leveling up...

Seriously, the end gets to be almost impossible if you do that.

10. Rainbow Panda

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I don't have it but I really want to play. Only problem is that my pc broke down and I can't afford a new one, but hearing about people having good experiences with it makes me all happy again.