1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTA V - The best GTA game ever?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Ryyyyy, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Ryyyyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In my opinion GTA V has got to be the best GTA Game after the original the original San
    Andreas! The game's realism is absolutely outstanding! Los Santos is basically a replica of Los Angeles! The storyline is probably one of the best they've ever had! It's alot better than GTA IV which was an OK game! There is a rumor that it might be coming to next gen consoles and PC which would be great! Imagine how good it would look! Anyone else agree with me?

2. I still have a soft spot for GTA: Vice City but GTA V is pretty awesome. I'm sure it will eventually come to next gen. I can't wait to see the PC version though, especially on ultra hd monitors!

3. Ryyyyy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I wasn't too keen on GTA IV I wasn't! The game was really realistic but the storyline really wasn't the best compared to San Andreas' standards. Plus I wasn't really keen on Liberty City tbh, very dark and not much variety, city, city and more city! Think that Liberty City's been done to death now!

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. Hell no.

Great game but best game ever no.

5. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    You might not think this a week after you stop playing it. I don't think it's the best GTA Game. I don't think it's that good in general. I came to this realization when I had to give up my copy and I just didn't care. I had fun well I was playing it, but I felt no loss in giving it away. I didn't miss it, I didn't pine for it or anything. If something is a good game, I'll miss it when I have to send it away.

6. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

It's a great game, and I can't really say I know the GTA series as well as others but, it is definitely the best GTA game as it has a huge map, great graphics (I just said that?) and fun things to do. That... and it retained some of the amazing glitches that made GTA IV amazing, even more :grin:

As compared to other games on the market, I'd actually have to rank it quite low TBH. GTA is just not for me! c:

7. 7eye

7eye Guest

All I can say is that it's GTA, but with a more believable setting, a modern UI, improved gameplay from the last game (and starting next-gen gaming off very well compared, with, say, BF4), very nearly realistic graphics and playing catchup with Saints Row 2 (and 3) in terms of in-game features (minus the more memorable crazy ones). Apart from that, I can only dream of getting the game; it's cheaper in the UK than anywhere else, but I want to leave the country by the time I can legally buy it myself.

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's your key sentence. San Andreas is still the best, but 5 is a close second.

Also, regarding the story... what story? I honestly couldn't get any coherent plotline out of the game other than "these guys get together, rob banks, and
    kill everybody who gets in their way. Was a spoiler even necessary?

They could have certainly done more where it counted, but for pure technical prowess, it is a marvel.

9. Strathclyder

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    For me, GTA IV had the best storyline of any of the GTAs. It also had, for it's time, some of the best graphics too. It remains my favourite. GTA V, however is a technical marvel.

10. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If multiplayer actually allowed for heists and real missions close in scope to single player (like what is actually offered in Saints Row 3 for instance), then GTA V would be in contention for one of the best ever.

11. I really, really enjoyed the torturing scene. I got to do all that without the chance of being arrested in real life.

12. lukeluvznicki13

^ agreed :slight_smile:

13. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It would have to compete against Knights of the Old Republic, Kerbal Space Program, and Morrowind for my vote, and even with those features, I don't think it would happen.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Didn't say it would be THE best ever... But I'd consider it for my top 10.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Okay, that's true hehe. The title of the thread says the single best ever though; I meant to talk about that instead.

One thing GTA5 did very well though was its multiplayer. Granted the loading times and lag made it a lousy experience for me anyway, but the features! You can do pretty much anything in that game lol.

16. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh the original problems with release bugs and such and boosters ewww.

17. 7eye

7eye Guest

I'm sorry, but Saints Row 3 is a circumcised and castrated version of its predecessor in terms of game features. Also, it will never compare to GTA V.

18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Saints Row 3 had superior game play compared to 2 but worse customization options so it's debatable.

And yes it will compare to gta because they share the sandbox genre but approach it in entirely different ways. GTA hasn't been nearly as innovative or as polished relatively since vice city.

19. 7eye

7eye Guest

Admittedly, what I can say from SR3 is that its gameplay was easirr to understand (after playing 2 first), but I still miss 2's easter eggs (idle animations, secret islands, different fighting styles, UFO, 4 people in a 2 door car)
    Great point w/GTA though, before V, SA was the only good game, where the other games were all the same besides the storyline. GTA IV could be compared w/GTA 1 or 3.

#19 7eye, Feb 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2014
  20. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I'm not saying SR2 is bad in fact I played over 250 hours of it. But a blend of 2 and 3 would be ideal.