1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ChromeBook

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Cap’nSerious, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was wondering if anyone has a ChromeBook? I’m looking in to the HP ChromeBook 14 and they have two models one with WiFi 2gig’s of ram and a 4 gigs of ram free 3g wifi. I could care less about 3g, because I rarely travel, but the more ram might be worth it. I usually have anywhere from 3-10 tabs opened at once and I think that might be pushing it for 2gigs of ram. Does anyone have similar ChromeBook desktop environment to me and how does your computer perform? The 3g version is 50 dollars more than WiFi only, 350 instead of 300. And I already checked like with most ChromeBooks the ram is not expandable :frowning2:

And I know there’s developers mode that you can 32 tabs opened at once?

2. starfish

I have a Acer C710 Chromebook. I upgraded it to 4GB of RAM (It came with 2 and I upgraded it to 4) and I have been really happy with it. The best part of it is its size. Seems to me the 14" one would be too big.

I was just looking and on the new 720 the memory is not upgradeable. Oh well it is still a really nice machine.

#2 starfish, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  3. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  4. Mitchell

I've got a Samsung chromebook and I love it. Sits right there on the edge of my desk to play movies.