1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facebook question

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Caleb93, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Caleb93

I'm sure this has been asked before, but with the way Facebook changes their policies every other hour it probably doesn't hurt to get current information. If you change your "interested in" does it show up on people's news feeds? Mine currently says women and all I want to do is uncheck that option and leave it blank, so I'm not outright misleading people. But I want to make sure people don't get a "Caleb changed his 'interested in'" on their news feeds.

2. Eisenhower

Eisenhower Guest

From what i read, i thing if you change your interested in section it will display the change you've made. and other people say that what they've done is changed it, and then deleted the post saying "so-and-so changed their "interested in" to..." before anyone could see it. (and they did it at 3 am when no one was on)

as for leaving it blank, I'm not sure.

and apparently there is an option to where it won't display your changes to other people.

3. Annon

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you choose to let others see then yes. But they allow you to hide it (I am pretty sure anyway)

4. IJustWantToLove

You can choose on the lower left corner (I think) of the 'window' who can see this particular information (you can choose between 'just you', 'friends', 'friends and acquaintances' and 'everybody' I think, not sure if the options are really called that, my FB isn't set to English...). If you choose the option, that only you can see this particular information, and afterwards uncheck the women box, then nobody except for you will be able to see, and therefore nobody should get informed via news feed.

At least that's how I've done it, and if anybody would have seen the change I'm pretty sure I would have gotten some kind of feedback :wink:

5. Caleb93

Thanks everybody. I set my privacy to "only me" and then unchecked the box. That'll do until I'm ready to publicly come out.