1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MMOS On Xbox One and PS4

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Feb 14, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Some PC Gamers have complained about this, but I don't see why because it's not like the games won't be on PC anymore, they'll just be on another platform. What do you think?

2. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've got no problem with it. I see no reason why their shouldn't be cross platform play between a console and a PC either. I can see why Sony, Nintendo & Microsoft would prefer it if the players of their consoles can't play with another rival console, but I see no reason against not allowing the consoles to play against PC.

3. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I imagine PC players are feeling like they will be taken for granted and forgotten about when their mmo makes it's way onto console.

4. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I'll start on FFXI lol this was the first True multi-platform MMO(used same servers regardless of platform) For the Xbox 360, ps2/3, and PC.
    SE had to do alot of talking to get Microsoft to allow this (360, cross platform servers)
    Alot of the community hated the console players.. because of load times, etc.

Now SE is repeating this with XIV their newest MMO, only this time the 360 & Xbox1 is being left out, because Microsoft won't allow (The players) to use their service on a silver account(which is all that was needed for XI), and again dislike the idea of Cross-platform servers.
    SE also feels that the players shouldn't need to pay an additional fee just for using a console instead of a PC, and threw the idea out of XBOX only servers
    Some people on XIV dislike the ps3 players.. though this is primarily because 1. Don't need a kb 2. limited VOIP

Now I do know ESO is slated for PC,PS4 & Xbox one release, however I do not know how Bethesda will be working the servers, especially on the One, I'd imagine the PS4 and PC would share servers, but again Idk lol

ok I did research on ESO lol Mac & PC users share servers, while Xbox one plays only with the ONE, PS4 plays only with PS4

#4 Claudette, Feb 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2014
  5. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ugh... MMOs... Digital crack

6. Girishbbe

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No. Crack is cheaper, and it will make you more friends. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hrmmm... My friends did hate me when I was hooked on FFXI...