1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Gay Marriage in Final Fantasy XIV

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Kaabool, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Kaabool

Kaabool Guest

Final Fantasy XIV Will Get Marriage, But Not Gay Marriage (At Least For Now)

I did not know where to post this, but I kinda laughed hysterically when I read this, I don't know why really, I have loved this game since forever, and SquareSoft had a really special place in my heart, but ever since they became Square-Enix, the level of the games went downhill in my opinion anyways.

When I read this I felt like...Cloud, Squall, Tidus, and even Vaan, and their girl counter parts don't like gay guys...which is ridiculous I know, but these games meant a lot to me...more than they should have apparently.

I know I am probably over reacting...but...whatever :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:.

They should've just not said anything and make it 'straight' them being vocal is such a stupid move business wise...but whatever this seals my feelings about giving Square Enix a chance for the sake of old times..there games are not that great anyways!

Edit: Omg at those comments...I was just trying to find a review of this game to consider wither I should buy it...just to find this spectacle.

#1 Kaabool, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2014
  2. Claudette

Claudette Guest

It is a very great game lol I'd recommend it, and the Logic behind the decision, as per a Live broadcast from the producer was "Same sex marriage is a very volatile subject in alot of the countries our players live in, so we will play it by ear for now, and will keep you updated if plans change"
    In fact marriage isnt even implemented because half to the community says marriage for all or for none

3. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    From the PR spiel -

Any money says equal marriage doesn't happen if the community gets the last word. That's not me having a pop solely at the FFXIV community, that's a knock against the loud, shouty proportion of gaming that companies bend over backwards to please, no matter how idiotic, bigoted or violent they get.

EDIT: And I know it's Kotaku but I think the comments being made with regard to that story prove me right. Going by what they're saying you'd think if equal marriage was brought in then straight players would have it forced upon them or other equally BS excuses.

#3 GeeLee, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    By the way, to get straight characters married in FFXI it took like months after application... So anyone who wants to get married in game, gay or straight, don't hold your breath for this one.

5. Kaabool

Kaabool Guest

I actually find getting married in game kinda creepy anyways, and it is not something I would be appealed to at all LOL...but its just that they have to get out of there way to say something like...'oh..gays..in our game?..umm this is an issue'.

Again if they just said nothing would've been much wiser I feel...What do ya know...honesty is not always the best policy.

---------- Post added 19th Feb 2014 at 10:57 AM ----------

I am from a country where the idea of having females show their hair is a controversy as well, I'd like to believe these games are a strong way of showing people different ways of life behind the cover its just a 'different world/game'....where younger generations can co relate stuff in a detached way.

But I guess being gay being a controversy is a lot more...'global'.

6. Nikky DoUrden

this made cloud sad :frowning2:

[​IMG]

7. GeeLee

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Everything makes Cloud sad. Trees, cheese, beards, Nottingham Forest, you name it he's sad about it.

8. Claudette

Claudette Guest

well, the new XIV staff has been very well with listening to the players as to what changes should be made, and what needs adjusting etc. Heck majority of the player base even wanted breast sliders, now we have breast sliders lol