1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Last Of Us DLC: Ellie kisses a girl

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Argentwing, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What with Ellen Page kicking down the closet door, I think it's not only sweet but noteworthy that her unofficial doppelganger, Ellie of TLoU fame, has a cute lesbian kiss in the game's new DLC:

Video Gaming's Latest Breakthrough Moment

Just thought I'd leave this here, not only for the gay scene but because TLoU is certainly a future classic.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay for kisses.

But I've never played the last of us.

3. XTREMEZish

I F*CKING LOVE THE LAST OF US. It is such a good game but so hard to play. Reminds me a lot of silent hill.

4. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still on the mainquest, playing on hard mode, just killed David, pretty freaky... Will play the DLC afterwards

5. jonnemack

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It was one of the cutest moments, but still I think it was only in the heat of the moment and her friend didn't even kiss Ellie back. I don't know how bad would it go for the game if Ellie actually developed a more serious crush on her firefly friend.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    A comment on the Kotaku link was saying that Ellie was socially stunted, being brought up in a post-apocalyptic wasteland. So with that other girl (idk her name :astonished:) she really had no precedent for telling apart an intense friendship from romantic attraction. The argument was that she may not necessarily be bi/les because the only truth is that she loved her friend more than she could express.

^^That assumption makes it so much more amazing to me. How can critics claim that games have shallow stories? This one is almost elevated to classic literature status with its exploration of human nature.

#6 Argentwing, Feb 21, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  7. justjade

Oh, I loved The Last Of Us! It's such an amazing, gritty, dramatic game. This is just the icing on the cake. Also, I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention during this part, but I didn't realize Joel was gay!

Anyway, I love how the article mentions that the characters are interconnected in these relationships for the sake of drama. They just happen to be same sex couples. I enjoy how the story just wouldn't have been the same if, say, Joel's lover, Frank (I think), was a woman. Looking back, I don't think that would have worked.

8. Cas

Cas

I started squealing when this happened! I was so happy. But cried later, as per usual with that game.