1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oblivion/Skyrim : Making A Steady Character

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Mar 3, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

So, I've been playing Oblivion, and I haven't leveled up once. She's a healer, and it would be nice to have some mage friendly armor. How do I get this and how do I level up normally?

2. Nikky DoUrden

Oblivion isn't skyrim why did u made both on the title ?? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    Anyway, from what I remember u need to level up your main skills in Oblivion in order to level up.
    Its kinda complicated for someone who start playing, but you can search maybe a video on youtube that can explain it the best.
    If you get your skill up right, you can be pretty much overpowered 8)

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Magic abilities and armor aren't at all related. So the stats you're looking for are Heavy or Light armor, which are trained by taking hits while wearing that class of armor, reading skill books (more luck than anything to find them) or paying for training.

As far as leveling up goes, that depends on the advancement of your major or minor skills. (Going from memory of Morrowind here so bear with me if I'm wrong :astonished:) Every time you level a major or minor skill, it contributes to your level progress. Once you reach 100% level progress, the game will ask you to rest. So find a bed/sleep in the country if you can, and from there you are given three attribute points to allot among your attributes. Those attributes that were most used in gaining level progress* get multipliers, so one point may raise an attribute by three or more if you divide them wisely.

I'm pretty sure it works similarly to that if not exactly. Good luck adventuring :slight_smile:

*This is determined by the skills you used and which "governing attribute" they fall under. For example, blunt weapons, heavy armor, and unarmed may all fall under the "Strength" attribute, whereas acrobatics, light armor, and stealth may all fall under "Agility."

#3 Argentwing, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014