1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Borderlands 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Au.Quicksilver, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Au.Quicksilver

Any players of Borderlands 2 here? I'm enjoying it so far and wondering if many other people here do

2. Tim

Tim

Played it with my Brother-in-law on release day, and ended up beating it with my sister up until Overpower 1, at which point we got bored.

The last DLC comes out soon, which is sad, as we haven't had actual content DLC for a while now. :frowning2:

3. Au.Quicksilver

That's far! I'm getting my ass kicked on the 'where angels fear to tread' mission!

4. HIL91025

I played it through twice with my brother. It's a really good game, we don't play online or anything, though. You just have to be strategic with it. Sometimes just hunting down bullymongs to gain some EXP is the way to go. When you are driving around in the car (I can't remember the area, but it's where the fat lady is) it is really easy to get EXP because you can run skags over and hunt people down, take out buzzards etc. :slight_smile:

5. Emberblaze

Meeeee

heheh fun game, havent beat it, but i wiiiiill eventually

6. Tim

Tim

It's really not too hard. You just need a decent corrosive weapon due to the amount of robots that get summoned.

On Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, that mission is hell. X_x Every other robot is an Ultimate Badass.

Slag is useful as well. Once you reach Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, things will become pretty much impossible to kill without slag, so it's best to get used to it now. :/ I play a Siren, and I specced into Ruin, so my Phaselock slags all nearby enemies, thankfully.

7. Au.Quicksilver

Just completed it today. The loot from bunk3r was great! I play Zer0. I've got some slag things. Jack's a prick. Sadly, a funny one at times.

8. ThePhoenix

Yes I love that game still haven't reached any of the level caps but that one of my go to fun games to just go crazy and mess around. Lilith is my favorite character from the series the siren is my favorite class though I wish it hadn't become the major healing class though.

9. Au.Quicksilver

I'm a melee class with Zer0. I'm only lvl. 28! Nowhere near the cap. It is a crazy game though. Especially when Claptrap's involved.

10. ThePhoenix

Oh yes that poor little naïve droid haha I think I'm close to the same level actually. Wanna here my new dupstep song wub wub wub wub wub :icon_wink.

11. Au.Quicksilver

He/she/it's an alien. It's not clear on Zer0's gender. Sounds male. And if you hear his (I'll go with he) quotes, there's nothing naïve about Zer0.

Waiit.... are you Lilith!? The firebird=The Phenix!

#11 Au.Quicksilver, Mar 8, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  12. ThePhoenix

Haha I wish, hmmm maybe i'll change my avatar to her. I was talking about claptrap though not Zer0 but I would go with he considering his voice but you never know.

13. Au.Quicksilver

Claptrap being naïve makes much more sense. Me and my brother had a duel during Claptrap's party. I won in one hit.

14. LKaeleon

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've played Borderlands, but haven't gotten around to playing Borderlands 2. I have it, though.. Just too many games to get through that take precedent over it XD

15. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Own it, play it, love it!

Hansome Jack is such a great villains you love to hate him.

And is it odd I think Axton is kinda cute???

16. Flailer

Yep. Yes. Agreed.

Played Borderlands through and through, and got Borderlands 2 for 2012 chirstmas. Played it for a grand total of one day before it got buried under my "to play" pile >__< ! Great game though, want to go back to it at some point :3

---------- Post added 9th Mar 2014 at 03:11 AM ----------

Pfft, I'm pretty sure anyone who likes guys finds Axton cute >w<

17. LKaeleon

Out Status:
    Not out at all

18. Flailer

A sad sad truth for us gamers T-T </3

19. Au.Quicksilver

Some of us anyway.

20. Tim

Tim

Borderlands 2 is vastly superior to the first one, so I highly suggest it. :slight_smile: It's much more story driven, and there were lots of quality of life changes in gameplay, like an actual minimap.

Just a warning for anyone who goes onto the "Where Angels Fear to Tread" mission that was talked about earlier: Prepare to get really sad. Possibly even cry. I had to stop playing for a day after I did that mission. Lol. It was one of the bigger "Wait. What?!" moments I've seen in a game.

For anyone who doesn't know yet but wants to know, and beware, it has HUUUUUGE storyline spoilers. xD

Angel reveals herself to be a Siren, as well as Handsome Jack's daughter. (her siren power, Phaseshift, apparently allows her to control machinery, hence her being able to make everyone think she's an AI) She has been pumped full of Eridium by her father for years to charge the Vault Key. She begs with the Vault Hunters to stop the Eridium Tubes, so Jack cannot charge the Vault Key further, even though it will kill her in the process, as her body has become too dependent on a steady flow of Eridium to survive without it.

Lilith shows up, despite Angel making it clear she was not to come. After they break the tubes that send the eridium to Angel, she thanks the Vault Hunters, and tells her father he's a jackass with her dying breath. Unfortunately, this enrages Jack, and he kills Roland, then puts a necklace on Lilith which allows him to control her. (Which is why Angel always followed Jack's commands) He orders her to kill the Vault Hunters, but with the little control left, she manages to circumvent her body trying to kill them, and instead manages to send them back to Sanctuary.

She didn't want Lilith to come so Jack wouldn't have another Siren to charge the Vault Key. It's suggested Maya doesn't have a connection with Eridium, as a reasoning for why she wasn't going to be of use to Jack. (though, Lilith didn't either before being bathed in it, so for all we know, Maya could, so I consider that a little plot hole)

Why Jack would do that to his own daughter is revealed in ECHO reports you can collect in a later zone in the game, which is the first zone in the first game.

Yea. I love this game's storyline. xD I'm sad they haven't started work on Borderlands 3. v_v Especially since the last *short* DLC for Borderlands 2 is soon.