1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tech help needed: Quicktime

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by EleanorHunter, Mar 17, 2014.

1. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I just got a new computer with windows 8.1 just days ago, and loaded my video editing software on there without a problem. I have Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 11.0, which has normally given me no problems whatsoever. But, I already had Quicktime and Itunes on the my old computer by the time I got it, and it's now telling me since I don't have Quicktime I can't actually put any of my videos (.MOV files to be exact) into the program. So I downloaded Quicktime from the apple site, made sure I had the right version, and it downloaded without a problem. Except I go back to the video editor, and it still won't let me open the files, saying I haven't downloaded it.

I'm really confused, and tech sites give me little to no help in these situations. Is there something I have to do with Quicktime itself to make it work? Or is it just a setting on Vegas Movie Studio that I have to change? I'm not sure what to do, and really need to get this thing working ASAP. Any advice would be really appreciated.

2. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    With Quicktime already installed, try uninstalling and reinstalling your video editor software. If that doesn’t work I would contact the video editor’s customer service, they would be able to help.

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a codec issue. Go into the preferences and see if you can't grab a list of the codecs you have and see if Quicktime pops up. Also try a different editor. I'll suggest trying Premiere Pro CC for free here. See if you can't import the files into there. If that fails, see if you can't grab the list of codecs from there as well.

4. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the responses! I guess all my computer needed was a restart or something like that, because now everything's working just fine. I guess it would make sense, considering I had to uninstall some programs that somehow got downloaded and were causing other problems. Again, thanks for the help!

5. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Did you not restart it before?

6. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had, I guess it just didn't work? I'm not sure. It's working now though.