1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bioware Fans

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by ZenMusic, Mar 22, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

Anyone like games from this company?

2. White Knight

If you don't count couple of odd games I only play games of Bioware.

My favorite franchise is Mass Effect currently. Neverwinter Nights comes close second tho lacking m/m romance option. Sharwyn is good but you know compared to today's games it is ancient and limited.

However while I love Bioware I am not looking forward for DA3. With DA2 and Awakening they killed the franchise for me. Oh, of course that hideous animated movie of Dragon Age helped as well.

3. ZenMusic

I play SWTOR, Dragon Age and Mass Effect. Would be nice if they made some more games, I am currently trying to find Mass Effect 1 on PS3. I haven't played Awakening, but I think it's based on the decisions you made in Origins, and Alistair is in it.

4. White Knight

Awakenings is mutant distant relative of Origins with ugly story even uglier companion interactions. It is, in my opinion, worst thing Bioware ever made. DA 2 not that bad but it was clearly rushed and didn't do much good for Bioware name.

Upcoming DA:I might be good but so far other than Morrigan(not sure if she will be a companion) that game has that annoying dwarf from second game, Varric or something like that... good way to kill a game.

Didn't complete ME series come out for PS3? If my memory serves also DLCs for ME1 is included.

If you can find try Jade Empire. It is the first Bioware game with official m/m romance.

Knight of the Old Republic, kinda forefather of TOR also good game. Again it is the first one with possiblity of f/f romance... well if it came before Jade Empire.. and ME1... if you count Liara as f/f romance option.

Edit: Sorry forgot to mention, Alistair only has a moment of appearance on Awakenings, just like DA2 one and only if you make him King. Umm that drunk dwarf is back for that expansion. Also remember you can meet Wyne if you met some conditions on DA:O save.

#4 White Knight, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  5. ZenMusic

I already had KOTOR's on Xbox, shame the second one was rushed.

6. I like Bioware games, Mass Effect and Dragon Age are both awesome series. However, they messed up with dragon age 2, it was obviously catered to consoles which ruined the game. Not only that but the story was quite boring and it can't be modded like Origins. There's just nothing going for it!

Mass Effect 3 is another unfortunate case, it's a good game until you make it to the end....what a horrible ending so I won't even go there....lol

I'm going to give dragon age inquisition a chance.... if they screw this up as well I'll be done with Bioware.

7. White Knight

Second one was made by Obsidian, just like Neverwinter Nights 2.

Not really bad games but can't match Bioware quality.

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2014 at 05:00 PM ----------

It is more of a rushed game. Yeah some parts are consoling victims but not re-used dungeons or sloppy writing.

People also said ME3 was worse than earlier games when it comes to companion interactions but I find it more satisfying than ME2.

Okay another sign that I am really weird but I was okay with original endings. Extended Cut made them better. MEHEM now feels weird. Also there is Citadel DLC... best Bioware product to the date.:icon_bigg

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The KotOR games are what hooked me on BioWare; Mass Effect netted me and brought me irreversibly into the boat XD. They're insane! Although I played a bit of DA2 and was not too thrilled, as well as SWTOR but that's an MMO so I have a hard time counting it lol.

I also have always wanted to play Jade Empire but never got the chance. Oh well. Still holding out hope for KotOR 3 though.

9. ZenMusic

SWTOR has absoloutely murdered any chance of KOTOR 3.

10. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If I had it my way, game devs would be banned from making MMOs out of existing IPs. Because relegating good stories to an abominable online stasis form is just evil.

11. Nikky DoUrden

Baldurs Gate, NWN, Jade Empire, Dragon Age, SWTOR, ME .... many good games (at list the first one right?)

12. BornAnew

Loved KOTOR, what a masterpiece. We need a KOTOR Reboot!

Mass Effect 1 was great too!

Not that keen on ME2,3,DA:O, DA2 though

13. willfultrans

Out Status:
    A few people
    I played Jade Empire when I was young and fell in love with that kind of game. I love romance options in the game, and I am constantly in love when playing for Silk Fox or Sky. It has both f/f and m/m, in fact, I remember my sister romancing Slik Fox and me not really understanding why it was so funny or why she made me leave during the romance climax where there gets to be some lip action. For me it didn't makes sense. Guess thats why I'm so open minded now. :grin:

I played Dragon Age next. It took me a full two lines of dialouge to fall in love with, and subsequently look up and see how to romance Alistair. It took me a little bit to realize that playing as a elf mage, as I was, seemed a little crazy. The King-former templar- with a freaking elf mage? That made sense. I never finished that one, but I really want to go back and do that soon. I loved it.

My sister and I also both chipped in to buy Mass Effect 2, why we skipped one, I don't know, but same as with Alistar, it didn't take me long to fall hard for Garrus. He was so fantasticly witty, but I was also always very interested in Kelly, I've started a new game and am planning on romancing her this time.

As far as game and story go, Bioware does great as well. Jade Empire was so interesting and I feel like the setting and story is very under used. It's such a cool place for a story. I still love it. Dragon Age, also had a great story, with the last of the Grey Wardens and the betrayal that began it. Coupling that with the individual story arcs too. For example when I started the game as an elf mage, it gave me a great background on who the mages and elves are, and how sorcery is treated etc. Mass Effect is fantastic as well, but I like it more for the social pieces of it. I mean yeah, yeah, reapers whatever. But I care a lot about how Cereberus helped Shepard for the good of humanity, but also for the egotistical side of humanity. All of these games also offer really important choices that really make you think. They offer loss and hope and all kinds of great things that you don't see in a lot of games.

So yes. I like Bioware.